• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dieselcowboy OFFLINE  

Dieselcowboy

• Member No: 8268
  • 72 Thanks
  • 109 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 09:28 PM

Something just really started catching my attention about these panzer s. How many different models are available? Years produced?
Where does one look for these mowers for sale? What can I expect to pay for a reasonably complete and not junk one?

#2 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 09:36 PM

The 2 sites I've found most useful are:
http://www.dandysales.com/history.html
http://www.panzertra...zerHistory.html

You mention being interested in a "mower". And actually the mower part (if you want one) is the key to panzer shopping. Get one with a mower if you need one, and don't think it'll be easy to come across one later. You may be able to do it, but getting the right one for your model is also a must since they changed the mower setup drastically over just a few years.

Looks on Craigslist. You can get one for a few hundred without mower or implements. I'd expect to pay about $800 for a good one if your patient. Also check out those classifieds on the panzertractors site.

BTW, mine looks like a t70, which is a pretty classic model, but I'd have to say my favorite would be the T758. It's all a matter of preference. Take a look around and see what you like.

Edited by cookiemonster, March 03, 2012 - 09:38 PM.

• Dieselcowboy said thank you

#3 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 06:38 AM

Dieselcowby,
Here is a T102 that isn't too far from you and at a very reasonable price from what I can see.

http://thumb.craigsl...2838183032.html

#4 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 08:55 AM

Yep, you'll find one if you're patient. That one in Flint CL is a good one and a model of the "big" panzers. Important to note that the first models in the 50's were a good bit bigger than the models which followed later.

#5 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 09:04 AM

There is a 3-wheel copar and a panzer for sale in clinton, mo. (Kansas City, mo craigslist) they are in the same ad sold by the same guy. I talked to him on the phone, he said the copar had 16 inch rear wheels, and he had an extra motor for it. The panzer just has panzer on the front of the hood. He wants $900 for the copar and $600 for the panzer. You can see the ad here Old Panzer Copar Tractors I just went to KC craigs, used copar for a keyword search, and the ad came up. they were first listed yesterday afternoon.

Edited by JBBR, March 04, 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#6 Dieselcowboy OFFLINE  

Dieselcowboy

• 72 Thanks
  • 109 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 09:37 AM

I didn't go to an auction yesterday that had advertised one that looked like cookiemonster's pic. I am kicking my self now. It had a mower deck and looked to be all complete except black paint over the blue. I had no idea how hard these were to come by close to home. Probly didn't bring squat , thats my luck.

#7 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 05:20 PM

i would post a wanted ad in some papers. some people may have one sitting around and want it gone. I got my from a guy who didnt know what he had

#8 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 07:59 PM

I didn't go to an auction yesterday that had advertised one that looked like cookiemonster's pic. I am kicking my self now. It had a mower deck and looked to be all complete except black paint over the blue. I had no idea how hard these were to come by close to home. Probly didn't bring squat , thats my luck.

Just be patient, bud, if you want one.
If you like the smaller panzers, then I'd really recommend finding a t758 with a mower deck. If I would have waited a few weeks after getting mine, I would have had a chance at one and not had so much bloomin work. If you like the bigger ones, then these guys will help you out with those, too. You may also see some ads for 1107's, 1110's, or Meteors. Those were made in the last couple of years of the company and were given a very square look. Still great machines, the 1107's and 1110's worked much the same mechanically - maybe even better than the previous models, but a very different look.

#9 DirtyContacts OFFLINE  

DirtyContacts
  • Member No: 41360
  • 15 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 10:33 PM

Price wise I think a complete on resonably priced would be between $350-600, 600 is on the high side I have seen some go for around $800. There are a bunch of people out there that think these tractors are from the 40's and think there worth more then they are. I would say a decent one around $500 in running condition would be a good start. I have a full rebuild thread on my T70 check it out.
  • Dieselcowboy said thank you

#10 Dieselcowboy OFFLINE  

Dieselcowboy

• 72 Thanks
  • 109 posts

Posted March 09, 2012 - 10:23 PM

Of course if anyone reading this post has a decent little T70 series for sale within 200 or so miles of me I'd love to hear from you. Parts and or equipment for same. Mower deck ect...