Garden Tractor Forums banner

New Plow

3K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  RAJ 
#1 ·
I thought guys would like to see the 2 bottom plow that Halfscale and his dad built for me.They pattern it from jd plow.They came over to my house friday afternoon to make sure everthing was right before they paint it.Later Josh

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Ron we are not planning on putting coulters on the plow.It has 6in plow shears.It is not to often that I will be plowing sod.My tractor has been in furrow already and dirtyHaha.Thanks for all compliments Halfscale and his dad did a great job on it.They are great friends too.

#23 ·
Halfscale and his dad did a great job on it.
They certainly did.

Josh, that's a great looking plow. Very nice fabrication. I'm looking forward to see how it does at plow day. I'm sure there will be lots of photos taken of that rig.

Reactions: josh deaven
#13 ·
Nice plow! Got some questions though. What is the total width cut by the plow? Can the plows be adjusted individually? What is the HP and drive train (hydro or gear) of the tractor you are using?

Thanks

#17 ·
Nice looking plow set up for sure! And that tractor dont look half bad either

#20 ·
Cool set up, Josh. Might have to go to a skinnier tire though.

#24 ·
Hey old buzzard and ducky that will make your tractors grunt.The reason that I went with 2 six inch shears was so I can go to the half century of progress next year I can plow in that soil out there.The soil is different every were you go.I would not build a custum plow that you cann't use every where I can plow.That is just my opinion.Thanks Guys for all the compliments.Halfscale is thinking about make them for other people.If interested in a plow give him a pm.Later Josh

#31 ·
Heh, heh....thought I'd start a little "Color War"

Shucks, on one of the Antique Tractor forums I go to, 1/2 the fun is making fun of the various brands, and giving the other tractors factious names.

IH vs JD vs Oliver vs Allis vs ...

For instance

Farmall = Farmalittle

John Deer = Jack Sheep

Oliver = Oilallover

Ford = Dorf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.