Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Peerless Transmission 2308A


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 UncleAl OFFLINE  

  • New Member
  • Member No: 8893
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 03:27 PM

I am trying to find a part for my Jacobsen Chief 1200 transmission: the input shaft, item number 776058. This part number is from my Jacobsen manual; this is a Peerless transmission 2308A. I would appreciate any help with the part, the Peerless part number, etc.

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m


  • Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,341 Thanks
  • 4,065 posts
  • Location: Charlestown,Rhode Island

Posted March 03, 2012 - 06:18 PM

!st Welcome UncleAl To Gttalk! I'm in my shop right now, but I have a parts tractor and I will see if it has the same shaft. if not I will do some serching for you when I finish up in here. There are other Jac owners on here so i'm sure we will come up with something for you.
  • UncleAl said thank you

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  


    Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

  • Senior Member
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,629 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts
  • Location: Edinburg, PA

Posted March 03, 2012 - 08:01 PM

:wave: UncleAl! Welcome to GTTalk! Glad to have you with us and hope that you find the part that you need. You could try our site sponsors, They may have what you're looking for. They can be found Here, Bob's lawn and Garden, and Here, Patton Acres.
  • UncleAl said thank you

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  


    Squeaky Wheel

  • Senior Member
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,717 Thanks
  • 7,423 posts
  • Location: West Virginia

Posted March 03, 2012 - 08:02 PM

Welcome to the forum Al. Glad to have you here and hope you can find the part you need. Most of those peerless 2300's have interchangeable innards and several brands use the them.
  • UncleAl said thank you

#5 UncleAl OFFLINE  

  • New Member
  • Member No: 8893
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted March 09, 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hi guys, still looking for that input shaft for the peerless 2308a trans. This is in a jacobsen Chief so it uses the reverser box (drives from the left, sitting on seat) Jacobsen part # 776058. Any help appreciated, Thank You.

#6 Masseyman OFFLINE  

  • Member
  • Member No: 8947
  • 4 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted March 09, 2012 - 08:09 PM

Isn't that the same as a Ford? If it is surplus center.com has new units pretty cheap.
  • UncleAl said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parts