• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 09:35 AM

I've noticed mine needs 'checked' more often, Ray! It's like FF keeps forgetting my settings.

#17 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 09:46 AM

If you use the "More Reply Option" you have a change to preview your post as it will look after uploading your post.
Hope this helps.

#18 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 09:48 AM

I've noticed mine needs 'checked' more often, Ray! It's like FF keeps forgetting my settings.

I've re-checked my settings severial times and they have not changed.
The spell check works fine on anything else that I'm working with .. just not here.

Edited by jdcrawler, March 03, 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 09:51 AM

Just an Idear in an effort to help,
I always have 2 or more web pages open, one page is always dedicated to spelling, Goggle has a automatic spell-check function with options to chose from (i forget what it is called, auto-somthing ) im always cut~n~paste words from the google page to here, it is very helpfull when im tired and my hands hurt from work.
Beleve it or not my spelling is horrendous and the style unique, my brain states one thing, my hands another, so it is easy for me to read others even if they mis-spell.
I hope this has helped.

#20 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 09:55 AM

I'm getting along allright with the edit but I sure do miss the spell check. ...

I use IESPELL. It works very well. The only problem is that it doesn't work with the 64 bit version of IE, just the 32 bit version.

It's a freebie, and you can get it here:

http://www.iespell.com/
  • ducky said thank you

#21 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 10:00 AM

I use IESPELL. It works very well. The only problem is that it doesn't work with the 64 bit version of IE, just the 32 bit version.

It's a freebie, and you can get it here:

http://www.iespell.com/

Yes a very handy little "right click" tool.

#22 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 10:09 AM

I use the edit all the time! I too like that before you had a minute or so to change things and it wouldn't mark it as edited. Just like everybody else I see more typos once I send it.

#23 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 10:18 AM

I wouldn't feel bad about needing the edit button. I think we all use it from time to time.

As far as spell check, I have never had any problems with it. I always need that and my spelling would be horrible without it. Sorry to hear it isn't working.

Edited by daytime dave, March 03, 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#24 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 01:09 PM

Spell check seems to work fine for me. The word is underlined in red and when I right click on it there is a list of suggested corrections. I am running Windows 7 and the latest Firefox. Problem is sometimes when I get in a hurry I don't look before I hit Post or I'll accidentally type in the wrong word.

#25 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 06:36 PM

I just did some checking and also posted in the other spell check thread in the site forum. There is apparently a bug associated with the what you see is what you get editor (WYSIWYG) with the spell check and primarily firefox 9 and internet explorer 9. It should be fixed on the next software update which should hopefully be in the next month or so.
  • Toolpartzman said thank you

#26 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 08:01 PM

Spell check seems to work fine for me. The word is underlined in red and when I right click on it there is a list of suggested corrections. I am running Windows 7 and the latest Firefox. Problem is sometimes when I get in a hurry I don't look before I hit Post or I'll accidentally type in the wrong word.

I was telling George (NUTNDUN) about this thread earlier this evening. When he was on his computer the spell check worked fine. He told me to try my computer again. Walked across the driveway to my place with the same results. However when I access the internet with Google Chrome my spell check works.Hopefully things get fixed. Now to the original problem Bill. I hope that you saw the other posts about being able to edit. After seeing one of my misspelled post I also wondered about editing.It"s not as obvious as before but in the lower right of your post when you move your mouse across it will become evident.You can also see that this only works with a post that you have made.
  • Toolpartzman said thank you