#16 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 02, 2012 - 05:21 AM

I like the kick-stand function. We use a standard old cant hook my neighbor has had for years. It has a long wooden handle. No question they are a big help. Seeing your vid. it couldn't be much of a challenge to built one.

#17 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 11:14 AM

That's a nice looking tool. Perfect as you say, to keep the chain away from the ground. Thanks for the post.

#18 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm from Saskatchewan, so I just get my little brother to put his foot there. He used to be my big brother. Those of you from the US can substitute Arkansas for Saskatchewan if you need to understand, or maybe not.

That looks like a very handy tool. Like Caseguy, I've used a cant hook (we called them log-poles, but like I said, I'm from Saskatchewan) and this looks like the improved version. Way better than wrestling logs up onto sawhorses.

As for quality, etc., I'd just pay attention to how the pivot point is put together. If that part is well-built, I'm pretty sure the rest will be too.

#19 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 07:22 AM

That is a tool I need to invest in, keep saying that and haven't yet but this spring I will be cutting up quite a few logs left from the tree clearing at the in-laws and that will be my excuse. I haven't really looked at brands/mfgrs yet. Guess I'd better get on the "stick" :laughingteeth:

#20 Brett OFFLINE  

Brett

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7141
  • 78 Thanks
  • 287 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm from Saskatchewan, so I just get my little brother to put his foot there. He used to be my big brother. Those of you from the US can substitute Arkansas for Saskatchewan if you need to understand, or maybe not.

Your brother must be a pretty forgiving guy...............I heard you fella's from Saskatchewan had some pretty interesting ways of doing things. lol

#21 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 05:11 PM

I've had one for years, seldom use it anymore, more trouble than it's worth to me!  ~~  Lowell