#1 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,820 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hey guys, i just got a email from a friend in England who is needing parts for an older wheelhorse, i don't work on Wheelhorse and don't know that much about them, usally i would go about my normal way of tracking down the parts on Parts Tree and various websites but why would i want to do that when my friends here on GT Talk can set me straight with their infinite knowledge of the subject.
Here's the question :
"Hey Jesse, there is something that you might be able to help me with, a pal of mine has brought me his US built Wheel Horse Tractor for some repairs. The main problem with this tractor is the cutting deck, its in a bad state, rusted through in quite a few places and the bearings are very noisy. The jockey pully on the belt drive to the rear has a noisy bearing and both the belts need renewing. Lastly, one ot the track rod end joints has come apart so a pair of track rods might be a good idea. I don't know where to get these parts but I'll bet they are still available in the US. The tractor is a Wheel Horse Raider 10, no. 1.0360, deck no. 5.0621, engine - Kohler K241S, 10 hp, spec. 46636d. Let me know if you think any of these parts are still available."

Any help would be appreciated, im currently running down the numbers for the parts.
Thanks,
Jesse

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 10:42 AM

Wow! This is a challenging one! I can't seem to locate a manual for the 5-0621 mower deck, but it should be a 1973 or '74 36" rear discharge. The only part that I have been able to identify certainly is the belt for the mower deck itself. It should be part # 8411 and should also still be available under that number. As far as the bearings go, without a part number I can't be sure that they'd be the same ones for other decks of that era. I have several of the mule drive set ups (jockey pulley?), which I believe are all the same. Lastly I'm not sure what he's calling the track rods. Maybe you should have him join up and post some pics :laughingteeth:
  • trowel said thank you

#3 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 467 Thanks
  • 422 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 12:52 PM

The side discharge model 5-0721 uses the same spindle assemblies as the 5-0621 so long as they are original to the deck.. The bearing is a water pump type part number 103119 which Toro no longer carries. Stens and Napa have them but don't know who supplies the UK market. There were two different spindle designs since the original for replacement assemblies that use individual ball bearings on the spindle. First has bearings with inch ID and the later metric ID.

The 8411 spindle belt is 1/2" x 76.94" Gates replacement is 6877.
The 102741 drive belt is 1/2" x 96.6" Gates replacement is 6638BR

There are parts lists at
https://lookup3.toro...fm?xCaller=Toro
for the 5-0621 but no illustration.

Garry
  • caseguy and trowel have said thanks

#4 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 01:06 PM

Thanks Garry. That's the same list that I came up with. How did you know which of the 2 listed belts was the correct drive belt?

#5 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 467 Thanks
  • 422 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 05:50 PM

I may be wrong on the drive belt. I was assuming the Raider 10 in the UK is a long frame tractor and they use the 96.6" belt.

The same deck used on a short frame tractor uses the 102607 that is 89.12" long. Belgium production sure mixed it up when it came to model names after the USA had used them. The last North American Raider was in 1972.

I don't recall how I figured that out. Wheel Horse published belt charts for the mowers and another for the tractors. There are enough mistakes and missing models in them to give you a bad day. I redid it in an attempt to right the wrongs and unknowns and put it into a Database Table in the 1st manuals Group
http://groups.yahoo....tractormanuals/

Just as hard to determine was what the model numbers for the decks with counter-clockwise blade rotation are. Some were rear dischasrge and others had the chute on the left side.

Garry
  • caseguy and trowel have said thanks

#6 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,820 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 09:58 PM

Thanks a bunch, i will direct my friend to this thread, he currently has the tractor in his shop so it would better seeing as i have no idear whatsoever regarding this tractor, this is all new to me.
Always something new to learn.

#7 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,820 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 09:20 PM

My friend from England has found and ordered the needed parts and sends a sincere Thank You for the help from GT Talk.
GWest, a big Thank You for uploading the needed information.

#8 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 07:47 AM

My friend from England has found and ordered the needed parts and sends a sincere Thank You for the help from GT Talk. GWest, a big Thank You for uploading the needed information.

Good to hear that he's getting what he needs Jesse! You could remind him that membership here is free :laughingteeth:
  • trowel said thank you

#9 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,820 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 08:16 AM

I shure did :smilewink:
  • caseguy said thank you