jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 29, 2012 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for the video, Looks like fun. We actually have not even swept our porch this winter, so no plowing at all. Some winters I have had drifts on the lane that were over the hood of my JD 4010 (I'm 6 foot and can't see over that hood) that we had to handle so this has been a very weird year. I put together a Cub 108 with a 42" plow, chains and wheel weights this year to go between barns with and I keep starting it but never used it all winter. Looks like your helper there has very little fear of noisy tractors, I have two black labs that shadow me everywhere and my biggest fear is catching them with something because they seem to have NO fear of tractors, balers, rakes etc. and honestly up in the cab sometimes I can't even see them.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted February 29, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Thanks for the ride-along. Always fun to watch these great tractors in operation.
Interesting trying to drive one-handed isn't it? Been there, done that, darned near dropped the camera. :D

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hey neighbour,looks like you got way more snow than we got here in N.S.
Thanks for the video. Looks like you had some fun.

#5 cubman OFFLINE  

cubman

• Member No: 1815
  • 33 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:20 AM

I have to say that I've plowed much deeper snow thab what's on the video. I have put a new clutch, and a stiffer spring, along with a 75 lb weight box+plus my fat butt tire chains, and it'll plow though most anything, as long as you can get the weight to the ground. At one ponit in the video, I get hung up on some ice, I had to get a little run for it, and throttle it up, but she seemed to push through ok, thanks for watching!

#6 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:34 AM

Your cub sounds like it runs great! Thanks for the video! If I can't get any seat time pushing snow in my driveway this year at least i get to watch a brother GT'er pushing some. Happy tractoring! :thumbs:

#7 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 09:37 AM

Thanks for sharing that video. Your Cub sounds very nice. I don't think we got that much snow more than once this year.

#8 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted March 02, 2012 - 06:10 PM

This has been one strange year for snow. I use my 129 with my 300lb butt weight and chains. I also have about 50 lbs of steel in the battery box under the seat. I built a battery tray on the trailer hitch and put a deep cycle battery in it for extra juice and more rear weight. My little 129 pushes everything I ask it too. I am very happy with it.

#9 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,305 Thanks
  • 2,337 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 06:59 AM

Sweet.

I really really miss my 102.
They LOVE to plow in 2nd and 3rd gear running wide open.
3rd gear is a little hairy when it comes time to stop though.I've hit solid chunks of ice with mine (forgetting I had the Blade trip locked)and flew over the steering wheel once while it was in 3rd.That's the last time I plowed with it in 3rd with the blade trip locked.

I sold mine a few years ago to some one that wanted one to restore.2nd gear was clunky when I got it and it needed an overhaul.It smoked like an train but still had a good bit of power.

The guy that got it off of me said that he doesn't know how it ran so good because it had about 3 tablespoons of oil laying on top of the piston when he tore it down.My grand pap always said that if you keep plenty of Oil in an old engine it will run forever.