Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Just Got A Snapper 1650 A....not Sure Where To Go From Here.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • Member No: 8858
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 09:13 PM

Thanks olcowhand....I will have to look at it this weekend. Like I said in an earlier post...I am not a mechanic. I need lost of visuals and have to go slow until I get it right. YOu have given me a great starting point. I did look at it today to see how hard it would be to take off. There are 4 pins and a belt. The only think I can not figure out is how to get the belt off of the tractor. It looks like I will have to remove something from the front. I have not looked at the rear PTO yet. I know the belt is missing but I do not have any implements yet either so no big hurry there......

I'ld say something missing on mower mounts. There are mounts and odd wire clips that hold everything on and I bet your front ones are gone or the wire clips anyway and not holding the pins on deck swivels. That blade would have to GO if I owned it. Kinda heavy and sticks out way too far. Nice you have 3pt tho. Maybe that distance out, allows blade to spin 180 while mounted, most boughten ones can't do that. Still don't like it, would have to modify if mine! Looks like a good start for restoring.

Gentlemen, Thanks so much for the help. I was able to be the mower leveled today. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. One of the service manuals had a step by step process that was quite simple...just adjust the yokes that were attached at the front of the mower deck. Small achievement for many but I will take what I can get....

#32 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Do you have the second set of links that show in this pic? If you do have all 4 links installed, then the adjustable ones need to be tightened up (shortened) to get a leveled deck.

Sorry olclowhand....I posted to the wrong quote somehow...this was meant for you...

Gentlemen, Thanks so much for the help. I was able to be the mower leveled today. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. One of the service manuals had a step by step process that was quite simple...just adjust the yokes that were attached at the front of the mower deck. Small achievement for many but I will take what I can get....
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#33 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Sorry olclowhand....I posted to the wrong quote somehow...this was meant for you...

Glad to hear you got the deck leveled up. It is amazing what some patience and helpful folks can accomplish :D
  • Juneau said thank you

#34 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 10:08 PM

Good to hear! Most things we fear doing turn out not so bad, once we get past the fear part!
  • Juneau said thank you

#35 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Good to hear! Most things we fear doing turn out not so bad, once we get past the fear part!

It was more total lack of knowledge than fear...I always knew I could just take the mover off and keep on trucking :thumbs: