Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Just Got A Snapper 1650 A....not Sure Where To Go From Here.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:48 AM

P1010018.JPG

I have 26 x 12 x12 lugs on my MF14. Dimensionally the same as MF1450/1650.
I'm not sure how the 1650's deck would be, but the deck on the 14, was too close to those ags. Also, the
extra height of the rear tires, made leveling the deck difficult. And, if you increase the front tire size, your grass
will be longer.
  • Juneau said thank you

#17 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • Member No: 8858
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 07:34 PM

Manuals right on this sight to download, check them out. You do have to have a number of posts made to do that, so just post away on anything or in any forum to get that count. Not sure what it is, might be 10 posts?? Ag tires can be gotten pretty good prices and as pairs and with fast delivery from www.greaterclevelandtire.com They are Deestones brand and lots of fellas using them nowdays.

Thanks so much for the link. I found the manuals at snapper.com but I will check to see what is on the site as well....

#18 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:13 PM

P1010018.JPG

I have 26 x 12 x12 lugs on my MF14. Dimensionally the same as MF1450/1650.
I'm not sure how the 1650's deck would be, but the deck on the 14, was too close to those ags. Also, the
extra height of the rear tires, made leveling the deck difficult. And, if you increase the front tire size, your grass
will be longer.

I do not plan on using the mower much. It will be mostly to mulch leaves and maybe some taller grass around some trees outside of the yard area. I will post pictures later (hopefully tonight) to show how the front nearly drags the ground even when all the way up.

#19 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:14 PM

Mark,welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.

The 1650 is a great little tractor,have you got any photos?

Thanks for the welcome...hope to post pics later tonight.

#20 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:27 PM

2012-03-01_16-41-13_455.jpg 2012-03-01_16-41-13_455.jpg 2012-03-01_16-40-29_961.jpg 2012-03-01_16-40-42_366.jpg 2012-03-01_16-40-53_955.jpg 2012-03-01_16-41-01_505.jpg

#21 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:29 PM

I just posted some pics. Can anyone tell me ifthe mower is "sitting" correctly? I think it is way too low in the front.
Thanks.

#22 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:51 PM

The deck is definitely not sitting correctly. It's been forever since using this style deck, but I can only see one set of deck link arms up front. You have the adjustable ones, but there should also be another set of 2 arms that are fixed (non-adjustable).
  • Juneau said thank you

#23 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:55 PM

Do you have the second set of links that show in this pic? If you do have all 4 links installed, then the adjustable ones need to be tightened up (shortened) to get a leveled deck.

111b.jpeg
  • Juneau said thank you

#24 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 09:03 PM

Do you have the second set of links that show in this pic? If you do have all 4 links installed, then the adjustable ones need to be tightened up (shortened) to get a leveled deck.

111b.jpeg

Thanks olcowhand....I will have to look at it this weekend. Like I said in an earlier post...I am not a mechanic. I need lost of visuals and have to go slow until I get it right. YOu have given me a great starting point. I did look at it today to see how hard it would be to take off. There are 4 pins and a belt. The only think I can not figure out is how to get the belt off of the tractor. It looks like I will have to remove something from the front.
I have not looked at the rear PTO yet. I know the belt is missing but I do not have any implements yet either so no big hurry there......

#25 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 02, 2012 - 08:41 AM

I'ld say something missing on mower mounts. There are mounts and odd wire clips that hold everything on and I bet your front ones are gone or the wire clips anyway and not holding the pins on deck swivels. That blade would have to GO if I owned it. Kinda heavy and sticks out way too far. Nice you have 3pt tho. Maybe that distance out, allows blade to spin 180 while mounted, most boughten ones can't do that. Still don't like it, would have to modify if mine! Looks like a good start for restoring.
  • Juneau said thank you

#26 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 02, 2012 - 10:45 AM

Mark, welcome and glad you joined. Those are great photographs. Good luck leveling your deck.
  • Juneau said thank you

#27 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 02, 2012 - 03:13 PM

I'ld say something missing on mower mounts. There are mounts and odd wire clips that hold everything on and I bet your front ones are gone or the wire clips anyway and not holding the pins on deck swivels. That blade would have to GO if I owned it. Kinda heavy and sticks out way too far. Nice you have 3pt tho. Maybe that distance out, allows blade to spin 180 while mounted, most boughten ones can't do that. Still don't like it, would have to modify if mine! Looks like a good start for restoring.

I actually had the blade built. It spins 360. One of the reasons I had it made was to clean out my father in laws barn/horse stables. The way his set up it built you can not get a tractor in there to do anythign. The Snapper is small enough to do the job. The blade is bigger and a little heavier than I wanted but when some one build it for you for free.....well it is hard to argue....

#28 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 02, 2012 - 10:49 PM

Manuals right on this sight to download, check them out. You do have to have a number of posts made to do that, so just post away on anything or in any forum to get that count. Not sure what it is, might be 10 posts?? Ag tires can be gotten pretty good prices and as pairs and with fast delivery from www.greaterclevelandtire.com They are Deestones brand and lots of fellas using them nowdays.

I found several manual here that I did not have. I maxed out what I can download for the day so I guess I will wait and get the remaing two at a later date. Thanks so much for recommending that to me. So of the manuals have good pictures and explanations of how to adjust/remove some components. I always end up doing it the hard way......this will help a lot.
Thanks again.

#29 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 09:15 PM

I found some goog info in the service manual on the mower. I will try to adjust it the way the manual recommends later this week. I do have a question though.....in lookin at the diagram it shows a rear lift link and an front lift link. The rear one is easy to see and looks fine. I do not see anything on the front..... all of the parts shown in the diagram appear to be present and in the right place. Should the front lift link be attached to the mower deck?

I will try to post a pic of the diagram in another post....it won't let me do anything here...

#30 Juneau OFFLINE  

Juneau
  • 7 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 09:21 PM

Attached File  front and rear lift link.pdf   116.18KB   53 downloads