#16 KenM OFFLINE  

KenM

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7048
  • 50 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 09:00 PM

Well. I got it running today. :dancingbanana:

Now I just have to wait for the choke cable to arrive so I can test drive it.
Hopefully it will arrive soon.

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 10:27 PM

Good to hear she roared to life, glad to hear it.

Did you check with any of our sponsors to see if they may have the elec clutch? You might get lucky.

#18 KenM OFFLINE  

KenM

• Contributor
  • 50 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 11:34 PM

Good to hear she roared to life, glad to hear it.

Did you check with any of our sponsors to see if they may have the elec clutch? You might get lucky.

Ya. But for the price of used ones I can get a new aftermarket Stens brand clutch.

#19 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 09:09 AM

Which brings me to my next question. What in the world is this little bugger... the wiring diagrams I have seen which are on parts tree have nothing like this shown with a green wire. It's just dangling there like in 2nd pic. It has power going through it so i'm kinda worried that it will short out with key on and cause problems.

Anyone have a clue what it is?

Ken, is this wire switched? It 's in the correct place to go to a linear actuator for the elcetric lift if you had one, but it should only be two wires and it would be on a DPDT switch not the key switch. I don't think this wiring is shown on the tractor breakdown because it's an accesory. There is a switch on the pedal that has to be depressed to start the tractor and I have a switch on the shift lever that kills the tractor of you put it in reverse while the deck is running.Your tractor looks a little like mine, if I get a minute tonight I'll look and see what the wiring looks like for these switches.

Ken I had another thought. Does your headlights work? On the wiring diagram for my tractor it uses a green wire and a blue wire to the headlights. If it's hot when the keyswitch is on that would make sense too. Gary

Edited by twostacks, March 07, 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#20 KenM OFFLINE  

KenM

• Contributor
  • 50 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:24 PM

Ken, is this wire switched? It 's in the correct place to go to a linear actuator for the elcetric lift if you had one, but it should only be two wires and it would be on a DPDT switch not the key switch. I don't think this wiring is shown on the tractor breakdown because it's an accesory. There is a switch on the pedal that has to be depressed to start the tractor and I have a switch on the shift lever that kills the tractor of you put it in reverse while the deck is running.Your tractor looks a little like mine, if I get a minute tonight I'll look and see what the wiring looks like for these switches.

Ken I had another thought. Does your headlights work? On the wiring diagram for my tractor it uses a green wire and a blue wire to the headlights. If it's hot when the keyswitch is on that would make sense too. Gary

No there is no electric lift. It is manual lift arm on right side. I looked into it last night a little bit but couldn't really tell much. As the wiring diagrams I have located are not for electric PTO style GT's only manual engagement.

Previous owner at one time or another disabled most if not all of the safety switches. The deck safety switch has been removed and the wires are twisted and taped together. The electric PTO wires were cut from their original harness and taped but hot hooked together with the deck safety switch wires. The pic is what I think is left of the reverse safety switch but I am not sure. The overhead picture of the engine where the yellow wire is covering Huskee. Those are the wires from the deck safety switch and the electric PTO wires all taped together.

The whole reverse switch and bracket was removed from the shifter plate. And you can start the tractor without depressing the clutch petal or even sitting on the seat.

I think a previous owner didn't believe in any safety switch or belt covers for that matter. As they are missing as well. I would like to get this thing running like it should be safety switches and all. Without having a parts tractor to get a wiring harness I think it is going to be about impossible. And may have install an new electric PTO clutch and run it as it is.

Edit: Oh and yes the headlights work like they should. And I am not sure if power goes through that mystery part while cranking or while running. I have not checked.

Edited by KenM, March 07, 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#21 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 09:22 PM

There is one very similar to this tractor on the local Craigslist. Went to look at it this afternoon since it is only six miles from the house. 18 hp B&S that needs the starter pinion gear, no deck, beat to death, some type of rear lift that operates off the mower lift handle with a front plow blade mounted on the back with mechanic's wire. Both rear tires flat. It comes with a spare 18.5 engine. Asking $175 going to offer $100 and walk away smiling if he says no. The PTO on this is a handle on the dash.

Got up this morning and decided that the tractor just isn't the best place to invest even a hundred dollars.

Edited by GTTinkerer, March 08, 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#22 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 07:21 AM

No there is no electric lift. It is manual lift arm on right side. I looked into it last night a little bit but couldn't really tell much. As the wiring diagrams I have located are not for electric PTO style GT's only manual engagement.

Previous owner at one time or another disabled most if not all of the safety switches. The deck safety switch has been removed and the wires are twisted and taped together. The electric PTO wires were cut from their original harness and taped but hot hooked together with the deck safety switch wires. The pic is what I think is left of the reverse safety switch but I am not sure. The overhead picture of the engine where the yellow wire is covering Huskee. Those are the wires from the deck safety switch and the electric PTO wires all taped together.

The whole reverse switch and bracket was removed from the shifter plate. And you can start the tractor without depressing the clutch petal or even sitting on the seat.

I think a previous owner didn't believe in any safety switch or belt covers for that matter. As they are missing as well. I would like to get this thing running like it should be safety switches and all. Without having a parts tractor to get a wiring harness I think it is going to be about impossible. And may have install an new electric PTO clutch and run it as it is.

Edit: Oh and yes the headlights work like they should. And I am not sure if power goes through that mystery part while cranking or while running. I have not checked.

Sounds like my grandfather, he bought a brand new Kubota garden tractor a few years back and wanted me to disable all the safety switches because the dealer wouldn't do it. I just told him that I didn't know how and he should leave them alone. An 87 year old man needs all the safety help he can get.

I looked at my tractor last night and I don't have a harness wire like that on mine. There are two plugs that go to the PTO safety switch but they don't resemble yours and the pedal switch is on the other side of the tractor. As long as you don't have kids operating your tractor that you'd need all the switches intact, and it runs and charges ok, I'd just be mindful while your operating it and tape it up and not worry with it.

#23 Jadkins OFFLINE  

Jadkins
  • Member No: 34716
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 01:49 AM

I have one just like it It is a American Yard Product tractor distributed by tractor supply in the 1990s 

Mine is a 18h.p with a 44" deck have fun trying to find anything on this I have tried several times mine has a Kohler Command engine and I was able to get the engine info from Kohler 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: huskee, mtd