• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Mike OFFLINE  

Mike

• Member No: 604
  • 1 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted June 08, 2010 - 10:12 PM

Hello all. I am a newbie to the site but WOW what a lot of info. I was wondering if any one could explain the relationship between Massey and Dynamark. My tractor is blue and white and says Dynamark on it but it is identical to the Massey except for the color. I am trying to fix it up a bit so any info would be great.
Thanks

#2 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted June 08, 2010 - 10:48 PM

You need to post some pictures of your machine....
It's identical to which Massey? MF-10?
I think the answer to your question will be that they were both made by AMF.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted June 09, 2010 - 10:57 AM

Dad's 1st rider was a Dynamark. Never seen one that matched a Massey though. Please post some pics.

#4 Mike OFFLINE  

Mike

• 1 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted June 09, 2010 - 10:56 PM

Ok I will do that this weekend.

#5 Mike OFFLINE  

Mike

• 1 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:54 PM

Sorry for the late response. Just now got around to posting some pictures. Here they are.0612101838-02..jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 0612101838-00..jpg
  • 0612101838-01..jpg

• daytime dave said thank you

#6 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 11:27 PM

amf made the massey tractors in the 70s. they had their own versions of each. the massey 10 was a amf 1010 or the 14 was a 1414 or something like that. dynamark propably contracted amf to make that tractor for them, just putting the dynamark decals on there, sort of like what sears does today with poulan or mtd or whatever.

#7 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted June 21, 2010 - 10:37 PM

That is a cool tractor, I didn't know that tractor existed. I'd like to have it. Thanks a lot for the pictures.

#8 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted June 22, 2010 - 01:40 AM

Ya learn something new every day here at GTTalk! I wonder what else is out there that was made by AMF???

#9 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted June 22, 2010 - 06:09 AM

I knew about the AMF badged tractors but have never seen a dynamark version. That does have to be a rare duck you have there! Thanks for the pictures.

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 22, 2010 - 09:33 AM

A couple of our relatives worked at AMF when it was here in York. They were where the Harley Davidson plant is now. I don't know what all was made at that plant. I do know they had the bomb line when my grandfather worked there during wartime. I don't know what they made other then that and then Harley took over and that is where my grandfather retired from. I seen an AMF branded tractor on craigslist a while back. I was half tempted to go get it but I am trying to hold off on buying anymore tractors till we get situated.

You definitely have a keeper with that Dynamark Mike. I would love to see you restore it :D

#11 Mike OFFLINE  

Mike

• 1 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 09:45 PM

Thanks for all the responses. I am glad that I have something special. I have been laid up for a while that is why I have not been back here to chat. What I would really like to know is if any one has any kind of parts list for something like this because I desperately need new belts but cannot find the right ones. They have to be the right length so that they don't squeal and so that when you push the pedal in all the way the brake activates. Where can one find parts for this machine in Manitoba, Canada. I don't want to lose it because of inability to find parts. It pushes snow unbelievably and is built super strong.

#12 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 10:04 PM

same belts as the MF10
http://gardentractor...reference-1386/

#13 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 10:16 PM

Well, would you look at that! It's a first for me too! It's the AMF 1010 for sure (MF-10) but I have not seen one before. I would take a ton of photos and do a good refurb on that one, she's very rare indeed!

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 06:35 AM

Thanks for all the responses. I am glad that I have something special. I have been laid up for a while that is why I have not been back here to chat. What I would really like to know is if any one has any kind of parts list for something like this because I desperately need new belts but cannot find the right ones. They have to be the right length so that they don't squeal and so that when you push the pedal in all the way the brake activates. Where can one find parts for this machine in Manitoba, Canada. I don't want to lose it because of inability to find parts. It pushes snow unbelievably and is built super strong.

All of the parts are going to be identical to the Massey Ferguson MF10/MF12 except for the hood and grill. We have a lot of guys from up north with the Massey garden tractors that could probably help with finding parts.

The Massey belt reference that mikebramel linked to is a great resource for belt sizes and you will also be able to use manuals in our manuals section for the tractor.

I would take a ton of pics, especially if you are planning on restoring it. That way when it is done you will have pics of what it looked like before you finished it. I really regret not taking more pics of the 1053 before I restored it for my dad.

#15 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 08:07 AM

I checked out the belt reference & couldn't find the alternator belt?:poke: Just kidding.

Nice find! Please post pics as you do the restoration.
Before you do much else, get some GOOD pics of the decals & some dimensions if you ever plan on having a set made for it.

Almost sounds like we have another addict here guys. :D