caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:08 AM

I was looking at the set up in the second picture from above and I believe that if you move your plow to the rightmost hole in your 3 point to sleeve hitch adapter. That should get you close to where you need to be. Another tip that I think will help is for you to adjust the crank on the top of the plow until the bottom of the plow rests flat when it's at the bottom of the furrow it just cut, and that the landside is flat against the vertical side of the furrow. (That's what Howard mentioned above about flipping the hitch over.) That usually makes for a nice clean cut.

#17 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:29 AM

GE 007.jpg
Hmm....After looking at caseguy's post, and remembering how to zoom in on pictures, I looked at your photo again. You don't seem to have a plow hitch with 3 holes in it like the one above, in which case flipping the hitch won't do much of anything.

#18 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:34 AM

MF 02.03.12 004.jpg
MF 02.03.12 003.jpg
Here are some photos from earlier this year when I was setting up my plow. On the one you can see how the plow is sitting close to level both side to side and front to back. The other one shows how the plow lined up with the wheels as if it were in the furrow. Hope this helps.
  • caseguy said thank you

#19 dsmithjr OFFLINE  

dsmithjr

• Member No: 7649
  • 49 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 07:33 AM

Yea my plow does not have 3 holes it only has 1 and it is welded not bolted on. I will have to fab new pieces to make that adjustable. I am considering ordering the 3pt set up from Xtreme and changing the plow over to 3pt. At minimum I need to weld on a new hitch with 3 holes. Ill try to post a picture of my plow hitch later on to get some suggestions on the best route.