#16 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,378 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Spent a bit of time on this problem today.
I think I've got it figured out.
I could put it in writing, but I think this makes more sense.

#17 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,688 Thanks
  • 2,910 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'm busy playing this game. First I built an 8x12 shed to hold one Gravely two wheeler and attachments plus gardening tools etc. Then I bought two tractors, had to store one at Dad's. So I added a 12x12 shed next to the 8x12. Added another tractor. Then the Dad thought it would be cool to start camping with his grandkids, so now I'm storing tents, air mattresses, sleeping bags and various other equipment. Now I'm responsible for his Gravelys too, so there are two stored under my deck, along with tires and Gravely and Sleeve Hitch implements. I've also been bitten by the old Massey collecting bug, so there is a Massey 8G, 12G and 12H parked alongside the shed under a tarp. There is a parts MF10 that is sitting nearby not even covered. Still hanging out at Dad's and needing a home soon are a Gravely L-i, a VERY well traveled L and another Massey 12Hydro. :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

#18 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 08:35 PM

Will,Will, Will!!! Man you just got too much time on your hands :smilewink: . You guys are all lucky to be able to play tetris with your tractors. I dont have the room without kicking Kathy out of the garage and I dont think that is gonna happen with me living to tell about it.

#19 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,461 Thanks
  • 2,527 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 08:37 PM

Refering to the first picture, put the Cub cadet and the Wheel Horse, end to end, and build yourself a floor standing shelf unit, over top of them, with the bottom of the platform, just high enough to miss the steering wheel. Then ramp two more tractors on top. You now have four tractors taking up only two spaces. Check your ceiling height to make sure you have the required height, before starting.

#20 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,333 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted February 29, 2012 - 11:42 PM

Played it for years up at Dad's, most of them were Row Crop MH units tho. They stack in pretty well, but if you want the one that's backed into the line, you have to move two more.

Them tricycle front ends stack in well don't they? Dads work shop is 24x30 and I can remember one time we put 5 farmalls in it. 3 H's and 2 M's and it WAS TIGHT!

Seriously though I don't think one can ever have enough space. The more you grow bigger with your hobby the more the chance you will buy more and it snowballs from there. In 95 between my granfather, my dad, and myself we had 5 farm tractor and 2 garden tractors and a shed everything fit in. We are now up to 17 farm tractors and 19 garden tractors. We just put up a 50x80 shed last spring for the big tractors and our combine and grain truck. This was done mainly to get them into one nice shed and get them all to a place with electricity as our old sheds are basically in disrepair. We are currently tearing down one of our old implement sheds and putting up another new shed for our gooseneck and lowboy trailers plus all our garden tractors as well. This shed is 38x54 and I can tell you that once it is built it WILL be full. I will venture to guess that within the next 5 years we will be at a loss for room again. These two sheds are on top of my dads workshop as well as another 24x36 equipment shed and a 30x60equipment shed with a 10x30 lean-two off the side of it. Build big because you will eventually need it.

Edited by IHCubGuy, February 29, 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#21 Delmar OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,245 Thanks
  • 2,377 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 12:09 AM

You know, it ain't our fault. They all needed savin', and they all need our attention. just not at the same time.... :thumbs:

Edited by JBBR, March 01, 2012 - 12:21 AM.

#22 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 08:36 AM

Steve... what if you think you need 100' by 100' building? How do you double that and not go broke? Heck, how do you build it that size and not go broke anyway? :bigrofl:

Maybe you could buy a used stadium with a dome??? Might be a pain getting it home though... :bigrofl: