18 replies to this topic

#16 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 03:40 PM

sounds like a chromed wing nut alright, but I think your talking about the seller.

#17 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 06:57 PM

I was also thinking that it may be a bad ignition switch.

thats what it was i can get it to start every time now. start cranking the engine and just back off on the key just a little but keep it turning over and it starts . i think ill keep it this way that way i dont have to worry about anyone stealing it . not sure why any one would want this thing lol

Edited by Gary400, February 27, 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#18 robby1276 OFFLINE  

robby1276

• Member No: 8072
  • 10 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 07:46 PM

thats what it was i can get it to start every time now. start cranking the engine and just back off on the key just a little but keep it turning over and it starts . i think ill keep it this way that way i dont have to worry about anyone stealing it . not sure why any one would want this thing lol

Just bought a new ignition switch for my 140 a while back. Supposedly they all take the same one so I'm told It was $13 key included in case your wondering about the price

And I think before I ran it anymore I would do my own rebuild before something does cut loose and ruin the motor. Post a few pics when you get a chance

Edited by robby1276, February 27, 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#19 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 07:33 PM

the switch is ok other than it looks like someone used a flat screw driver to start it and messed up the key hole . now the key just turns to far and past the start contact inside the switch . but now i need some pictures of where the choke and throttle cable are routed as well as the gas line . im very sure where there at now is not correct .