141 replies to this topic

#46 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 11:01 PM

I almost fell out of my chair to see that yellow paint!
But now I get it.

If you look at the sales history (link below) which is the first thing down on the page, it looks like the T70Bs in your serial number range were being sold late summer 1962.

http://www.panzertra...sDownloads.html
  • DirtyContacts said thank you

#47 DirtyContacts OFFLINE  

DirtyContacts
  • Member No: 41360
  • 15 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted March 05, 2012 - 08:42 PM

I almost fell out of my chair to see that yellow paint! But now I get it. If you look at the sales history (link below) which is the first thing down on the page, it looks like the T70Bs in your serial number range were being sold late summer 1962. http://www.panzertra...sDownloads.html

I didint find the information on when the tractors were sold. But 62 sounds good to me!!!. I have desided to take a few days off I find myself rushing to get to the next step. I really need to take a few days to hang ouit and not work on the Panzer. Last night I had used my wire wheel so much that all the wires fell out of the wheel. It was the sadest thing that I had ever seen I will post pics of the dead wheel later on. Anyways I preped my spray gun today so that is all set to go. I will have another update in a few days.

After looking around the site I did find the information that i was looking for very cool information.

Edited by DirtyContacts, March 07, 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#48 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,332 Thanks
  • 1,317 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 04:48 PM

IMG_0538.JPG IMG_0537.JPG Looking good so far Dirty. Can't wait for it to warm up a little more so I can start my resto on mine !!!

#49 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 09:40 PM

IMG_0538.JPG IMG_0537.JPG Looking good so far Dirty. Can't wait for it to warm up a little more so I can start my resto on mine !!!

Oh, isn't she a pretty little princess!
The mower looks pretty good on it, too. That's a good solid one to restore.

#50 DirtyContacts OFFLINE  

DirtyContacts
  • 15 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 09:56 AM

Looks like you have a nice start there. Where in Mass are you, im in Cumberland RI, I have a PTO and all the actuating linkages it looks like you will need if your using the deck. I would be willing to strip and prime for you. Let me know if your interested. My tractor is being built with the plow in mind so I dont damage the paint. Mine will be a trailer queen maybe used to dethatch the lawn but that will be it. Nice to see another Panzer the same vintage as mine close to home. There was only a few years made with the Panzer down the middle of the grill.

After looking at your pictures I noticed that you have the deck with the drive belt comes out the bottom of the tractor I have the PTO that goes on the side plate.

Looking further at the pics I see that there are 3 small holes on each side of the grill, do you know if your machine had headlights? That would be a cool option.

Edited by DirtyContacts, March 07, 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#51 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• 1,332 Thanks
  • 1,317 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 08:44 AM

My mower deck does work, looks to be set up different than yours, my belt runs of the motor drive pulley and off two idler pulleys on the bottom and back to the deck... First thing i'll do is patch the deck, it's got the swiss cheese effect to it, stll has the serial and model numbers on it to, I'm up in Gardner by the way !!!

#52 DirtyContacts OFFLINE  

DirtyContacts
  • 15 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 09:11 AM

My mower deck does work, looks to be set up different than yours, my belt runs of the motor drive pulley and off two idler pulleys on the bottom and back to the deck... First thing i'll do is patch the deck, it's got the swiss cheese effect to it, stll has the serial and model numbers on it to, I'm up in Gardner by the way !!!

Im hoping you willset up a build thread it would be cool to see someone else to the work.

#53 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Yeah, looks like even the T70s had 2 different kinds of mowers. I think that this was one of the later ones where there's a tensioner in the system to engage the mower. Earlier ones had the mower driving off the left side. Later ones (like mine) used an old style manual pto clutch.

So I don't got exactly the same mower as you. Else I'd put a pile of pics out there for ya.

#54 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 09, 2012 - 03:03 AM

I just found this thread. Great job so far!! Nice to see another Rhode Islander on here lol :thumbs:
  • DirtyContacts said thank you

#55 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 09, 2012 - 05:33 AM

You are doing a nice job.Thanks for the photos.

#56 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• 1,332 Thanks
  • 1,317 posts

Posted March 09, 2012 - 08:13 AM

Yes Cookie, there's a trip lever on the right side of my deck to engage the mower, works of your foot..simple, but,.kind of tricky though if you need to stop it quick !!!

#57 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted March 09, 2012 - 08:25 AM

Love those old panzers.Thanks for the pics it looks like it's coming along nice!

#58 DirtyContacts OFFLINE  

DirtyContacts
  • 15 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 07:52 PM

Real quick update, im still working along on the Panzer hit 2 road blocks. I found a broken tab on the differential ring gear cover, I welded that up so its fixed. The other issue I found was the front rims have worn 1/4 inch groves on the bottom of the front spindles. Im thinking that I my only option is to fill the spindle grooves in by welding over the groves. Im spending a lot of time getting all my sheet metal ready for paint. Im going to be taking off the drums and the backing plates so I can get rid of all of the grease on the diff. Wish me luck picks to come.

#59 DirtyContacts OFFLINE  

DirtyContacts
  • 15 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 08:33 PM

So, after taking a little break im back at it. I washed the grill and the steering knuckle (if you would call it that). The cleaning took about 3 hours there was a lot of grease. I have an incredible pic to show you guys. This pic proves how cool my wife is.

Posted Image

Bam, she lets me wash the parts in the tub. She also lets me build carbs on the kitchen table, lol.

Im almost at the point where I can start laying paint down. I told my self I wasnt going to rush on this machine, estimating my time finishing at 3-4 months. Im on track, I have a goal of having the tractor done for the 4th of July parade, here in Cumberland RI!

#60 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• 1,332 Thanks
  • 1,317 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 07:46 AM

Hey, maybe she'll let ya put it back together in the living room !!! That way you can watch some preseason Red Sox games, or Nascar ,,, keep up the good work !!!