tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 284
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 05:12 PM

I am going to give her a good washing, fix the seat and take it to a couple of local shows. It isn't running, but I want to find someone to restore it later on. Holding on to it ... they are scarce around here.

#47 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 10:30 PM

Us Deere guys aren't tough, we are just choosy on who we sell to! John Deere sellers, don't sell to just anybody. We look at a sell, kind of like an adoption. We want to be sure the new owner will take care of it, spend quality time with it, wash and polish it every weekend. I mean, we are selling you our baby, so care and love is a major priority when buying a John Deere from a collector.

It could be worse you know. We could make you go through a 10 day background check, and ask for finger prints!

All in fun guys! Nothing personal.

#48 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 08:18 AM

Kate, congrats on a successful first pick and posting a picture of it. It looks to be in pretty nice shape. Too bad it isn't running.

#49 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7555
  • 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 04:05 PM

Kate thats a nice pick. Great find for first one. Need any help with that asked the Doc he is the one to awnser any questions.

Edited by redcarkids, February 29, 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#50 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7555
  • 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted February 29, 2012 - 04:19 PM

I came home today with a Murray lawn mower, 10 horse, 30 Inch cut. Gave the guy $10.00 for it , his asking price. Valves stuck open. Unloaded it at 1:00 and put it in the shop. Just for fun i reached down and turned the key and the motor spun real fast. Lifted the seat and it had a 10 month old battery in it. I needed one for the John Deere this spring. Called the neighbor over and he needed a tire, sold him 2 for $10.00. The seat did not have any rips in it and the front 2 tires were new. By 3:30 we had the transmisson out, the motor off, and 70 % of it scrapped out. Deck was real bad and the housing was all dinged up. Taking good parts to Portland swap meet this spring. Figured at $10.00 i could not go wrong. He was happy to see it go and I had fun tearing it apart.

Edited by redcarkids, February 29, 2012 - 04:21 PM.