caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 06:48 AM

That is a pretty good looking little Case. Being the 25th anniversary and having the full fenders she should also have the built in holding valve TVC. Nice score.

OK, I get the idea of a holding valve, but what is the TVC (or TCV as in your second post)?
I downloaded the manual and I see that there was a 3 point hitch assembly as well as a sleeve hitch assembly sold for use with the 220. It's also been my experience that 10 HP is plenty on most tractors to perform a wide variety of functions (plowing, tilling, snow removal). I understand that a hydraulic system is not efficient, but why would they have offered options that wouldn't perform well? It would only reflect poorly on the company.

#17 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 07:12 AM

Steve,congrats.Nice machine you have.
  • caseguy said thank you

#18 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 09:27 AM

Travel Control Valve TCV. My mistake in the first post.
The 200 series was actually only available with a sleeve hitch because the three point didn't give enough ground clearance. There are some guys that have put three points on their machines but I don't believe the factory did.
The 220 I had was only used for mowing but from what I've read the hydraulic pto uses about five hp and while your running it your also using hp on the hydraulic drive so the K241 wasn't quite powerful enough for tilling or running the hydra bagger.
This is out of an Ingersoll brochure and it shows that they understood this and let customers know. It does say that you could run the log splitter but your stationary while your operating it. The hydraulic attachments do perform very well but you do need some power to run them.
I'll upload that Ingersoll brochure this afternoon. It's some very cool information on what's available for these machines.
The Operators Manual for that tractor is already in the files.

1.jpg
  • caseguy and Toolpartzman have said thanks

#19 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 09:37 AM

First time I've uploaded a file and it was very easy so it's already there.
  • olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and Toolpartzman have said thanks

#20 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 09:38 AM

Thank you. Mine has the hydraulic lift option, but only has the manual PTO. Does the manual PTO only run the mower deck, or did they make other attachments that weren't hydraulic too?

#21 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 09:52 AM

Thanks again! I got it and read through it already LOL! Judging by the name, the hi cast snow thrower was belt driven, but that's just a guess. It seems that all the hydraulic attachments are called HY-whatever, and the snow thrower is Hi-cast.

#22 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 06:55 PM

The snow blowers and belly mowers are belt driven and the front PTOs were all manual until you got into a newer machine and then they were electric.
Ingersoll also had all hydraulic machines there for a couple years. The mower decks and snow blowers had hydraulic motors.
They're very cool machines and do have allot of different things to learn about them.
Reading through the brochure again I see where it says that if you take the extension off the tiller it should work on the 10hp models. Live and learn.

#23 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for all the help cp7! Looking forward to digging in a little deeper really soon. I did manage to get the front wheel off of it today. Thankfully the spindle and the wheel are in great shape and all I should have to do there is replace the bearings. I plan on taking a ride to the local Case/IH dealership and see if I can cultivate a relationship with the parts guy there LOL! I had a pretty good rapport with the parts guy from the old Case dealership, but they went out of business a couple of years ago.

#24 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 08:44 PM

You probably won't have any luck at the ag dealer. They don't handle garden tractors and especially since they haven't been Case GTs for almost thirty years. Ingersoll bought them in the early 80s and then sold out to an outfit named Eastman.
Eastman's site has the parts manuals for all the machines and attachments. http://eastmanind.co...96/Default.aspx
It also has a dealer search. Mine is the local Grasshopper dealer.
There's also a few dealers that will ship and Bhildret http://gardentractor.../1803-bhildret/ is well respected on the other forums.
Have fun with it and be careful, they tend to reproduce when your not looking.

#25 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 11:04 PM

...Have fun with it and be careful, they tend to reproduce when your not looking.

Thanks (yet again) for the heads up! I'm already thinking about keeping this one and I've got another one on the hook too...I just can't seem to sell :bigrofl:

#26 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 12:42 PM

in 86 and later the holding valves were std equipment, so I am pretty sure forcaseguy this is a 'non-issue'

#27 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 11:17 PM

Picked up all the parts to get the mechanicals back in working order on the mower deck today (spindle shaft, pulley, and bearings) as well as the new front wheel bearings! Maybe I'll spend some time under the welding hood tomorrow and get the deck squared away!

#28 Rick OFFLINE  

Rick

Tractorholic

• Member No: 344
  • 15 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 01:22 PM

Your manual PTO only runs your mower deck and a snow blower they did make a hydrolic tiller for the 200 series tractor that will run off of a valve that is piped in to the hydrolics of the tractor that can be mounted to the sleeve hitch.I have one of those for the sleeve hitch as well as the 3pt hitch.The 3pt is used on the 400 series tractors.

Edited by Rick, March 12, 2012 - 01:58 PM.

• caseguy said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ingersoll, 220, kohler