Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Tightening up the hydro lever on the Cub 147?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 08, 2010 - 07:46 AM

I wanted to ask to see if anyone else has successfully tightened up the hydro lever on their cub? On my 147 the hand hydro lever works great but from the vibrations it wants to return to neutral all the time. Is there a way to tighten this up?

#2 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted June 08, 2010 - 04:17 PM

Here's what I did for my 109. They may be similar. Take the tunnel cover off and locate the bottom of the linkage coming from the dash's speed lever. there should be an adjustable clamp there with an allen head screw to tighten. Mine was tight all the way so I took the c-clip off the bottom and pulled the shaft up. Inside there is a split plastic bushing. Mine was wore past any more tightening so I cut up a pop can (I believe any delicious brand of soda or suds would work :-) and slipped it between the bushing and the cast clamp. It gave me just enough more room to get some resistance for adjustment. I believe the manual says 10-12 lbs. of pull is correct. Good luck!

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 08, 2010 - 05:00 PM

Thanks jd. I will have to look at the manual again. I remembered seeing something in there about an adjustment for the hydro. I gotta wait till I get a garage back to be able to work on it though. This waiting is killing me LOL