• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hey George, any more news/info to share about the new herd addition?

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 09:48 PM

Not much other then just waiting for the weekend for the trip to get here. We are going up to Will's place on the 24th of March. Google maps is showing about a 10 hour drive. We are going to get a hotel up there for Friday night. Probably try and load up Friday when we get up there and then drop the trailer at Will's place and pick it up in the morning so it isn't sitting at the hotel loaded then we won't have to worry about things growing legs and walking away.

I am looking forward to meeting Will. Also anxious to save my Bush Hog from all of the Massey molesting that she has had to endure during her time at Will's.

#3 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 09:51 PM

Congrats George! HD 12 is on my list next! I found one but the owner will not sell! Hope to get a chance to see it up close soon.

You have done well on collecting these hogs!

Hope it all goes well!

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 09:55 PM

Congrats George! HD 12 is on my list next! I found one but the owner will not sell! Hope to get a chance to see it up close soon.

You have done well on collecting these hogs!

Hope it all goes well!

You are ahead of me now I think. I only have two and soon to be three. I just haven't had the money, let alone space to think about buying anything. Got lots of stuff I would like to do and buy but fundages just are not happening right now. Once the trip to Canada is finished I might be able to start looking for some more but there are some more tools in the shop that need to be had first.

#5 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 10:04 PM

George,

I may have quantity but you have the quality! You have nice orginals. I'd take yours over mine any day!

I can understand the funds issue. I am having to sell my others to make room for these hogs. No more out of pocket money ..... Now for me to buy something....I got to sell something!

I am about to have to stop buying/selling and spending all my time selling and shipping plants. Maybe late spring or summer till I can get to some of these projects. Just grateful I found this site and something I can enjoy doing in my off time!

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 10:04 PM

George, What year is the 'Hog, any ideas?

#7 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 10:05 PM

George, other than that one incident, I don't think there's been any Hog molesting going on by the Masseys.
The Masseys have been hunkered down in the warmth of Massey hall, and on the nice days, when they did come out,
they just past right by your hog. Maybe, because she's been out in the cold, they're afraid of catching frost bite.

I'm looking forward to having you and your Dad up for a visit. Hope you get here early enough, so we have time
to chew the fat.

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 10:14 PM

I think we will be up early enough and maybe we can do dinner that night or breakfast in the morning. I would just like to do what we can to get a fairly decent early start on Saturday although traffic shouldn't be as bad on Saturday as it would on Friday. I am hoping the border crossing goes well going up and coming back.

#9 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 10:19 PM

Pork chops? LOL

Edited by IamSherwood, February 22, 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 05:47 AM

Congrats George,any pics?

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 09:31 AM

Pork chops? LOL

LMAO, um no. How about Fergy Steaks?

#12 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 09:32 AM

Congrats George,any pics?

I don't have any direct pictures that I have taken. Will has posted a few of it when it was a secret but now the beans have been spilled and most know. The one pic that tends to get posted is Will's Massey MF16 violating my HD-12.

#13 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hey George, being you're picking up my V4 at Will's and both will be at your place, I'll be glad to have Brian haul that HD-12 down my way too! One of these days I intend to snag an HD-12 for myself! I have even contemplated trying to mock up one of my D4-10's into a simulated HD-12, and I could make it look very much like one, as I have a JB hydro/differential, which is the same as the HD model uses. But it would never be the same as a bona-fide HD-12! But then again, may end up my only choice!

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 10:40 AM

I think there is a couple more to be found and I think they will pop up sooner or later. Just a matter of when. I would love to know how many of them were actually produced on all the different models just so we had something to go by.

#15 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 08:37 PM

George, other than that one incident, I don't think there's been any Hog molesting going on by the Masseys.
The Masseys have been hunkered down in the warmth of Massey hall, and on the nice days, when they did come out,
they just past right by your hog. Maybe, because she's been out in the cold, they're afraid of catching frost bite.

I'm looking forward to having you and your Dad up for a visit. Hope you get here early enough, so we have time
to chew the fat.

We have some Masseys and a few Hogs in our workshop and they seem to get along fine.I am looking forward to our trip north and see some of your restorations in person.I told George the other day we will be adding a Bolens to the trailer when we return. It's in northern PA and this trip is the only reason I bought it.
  • IamSherwood said thank you