39 replies to this topic

#31 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 06:03 AM

Thanks for the info. I will use hydraulic fluid. Although, you say ATF will not harm the system? I'm sure i will have many questions do to the fact this is a new breed of GT for me. Thanks to everyone now for all the help.

You misunderstood what I said. DO NOT use hydraulic fluid or ATF. Use motor oil in the hydraulics. There should be a sticker close to or on the filler neck that tells what oil to use. As I said before a lot of us use 15w-40 oil as it is available pretty much available everywhere and can be used year around.

#32 mf14a OFFLINE  

mf14a

• Member No: 1277
  • 6 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 12:27 PM

OK! yess, i did misunderstand. Wow i never would have thought to use motor oil in a hyd. system! Yes there is a tag right by the cap. However, it's the only one and it's in french. I'm some glad you mentioned that point! Thanks again.

#33 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 11:39 PM

Its in french? That's odd, maybe they changed it for canadian dealers? I don't know much about case tractors but I would think that adds some value.

#34 mf14a OFFLINE  

mf14a

• 6 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted February 25, 2012 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, i'm not sure if the english one came off or it just wasn't there. All i know is i'm born canadian.....but i don't know french!!
I'll have to snap a pic and post it.

#35 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 25, 2012 - 11:40 PM

Yeah, i'm not sure if the english one came off or it just wasn't there. All i know is i'm born canadian.....but i don't know french!!
I'll have to snap a pic and post it.

I was kinda wondering why you couldn't read it, lol. I guess you just live in an english speaking area. Im born american and speak a tiny tiny bit of french. Im taking french in school but unless the tag talks about clothing, food, furniture, or shopping I don't think I will be able to help much. Haha!

#36 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 07:18 AM

That was a great price! I hope that you can get it up and running without much effort, that would sweeten the deal even more! It's a little rough cosmetically, but these are made of some heavy steel and it should clean up very nicely. Congrats on the purchase and thanks for the pics!

#37 mf14a OFFLINE  

mf14a

• 6 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 09:41 PM

yes, hoping when i get time to work on it, it won't go to bad. Got points to go in.
The sheet metal will clean up very well i'm sure.

#38 mf14a OFFLINE  

mf14a

• 6 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 09:50 PM

LOL!! It's funny how many people think we are all french speaking. But our primary language is good'ol english. haha

#39 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 10:00 PM

LOL!! It's funny how many people think we are all french speaking. But our primary language is good'ol english. haha

And you live in Igloos too!

I used to travel to Canada quite a bit back in the 90s, so now when I fill out job applications I put down that i am bilingual. I can speak english and Canadian! Only a few people down here have caught the joke.

#40 mf14a OFFLINE  

mf14a

• 6 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 10:18 PM

And you live in Igloos too!

I used to travel to Canada quite a bit back in the 90s, so now when I fill out job applications I put down that i am bilingual. I can speak english and Canadian! Only a few people down here have caught the joke.

LOL.