Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

JD 112 electric lift

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 902 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted June 06, 2010 - 07:16 PM

My father-in-law's 1970's vintage 112 has an electric lift for the deck, it has gone on the fritz, anyone got any info on the electric lift? the owners manual that came with the tractor has info on hydraulic and manual but nothing on the electric. I can hear the solenoid click for down, sometimes for up and nothing from the electrics for the lift itself. Before I get into it I was hoping to find schematics or something to help me troubleshoot.
Peter

#2 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 141 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted June 06, 2010 - 08:55 PM

You should be able to unplug the electric lift motor and try putting 12 volts directly to the motor and check that out. I think there is a thermal overload device built into the motor. Sorry I have no break downs or wiring diagrahms to help you out.
  • powerking56 said thank you

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 6,319 Thanks
  • 13,892 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 04:27 AM

I had trouble with the electric lift that is on my cub 147 but mine was gear related. If it is two wires going to the motor like it is on my Cub you should be able to check the voltages on the leads going to the motor to rule out the switch. If the switch checks out then maybe just the brushes need cleaned or replaced in the motor.
  • powerking56 said thank you

#4 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 902 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 05:15 PM

Thanks guys, I'm still hoping someone might have a wiring diagram, but I will get under there this coming weekend and do some testing & poking around.
Peter

#5 fishman OFFLINE  

fishman

• Member No: 5368
  • 19 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted August 06, 2011 - 09:47 PM

If you got power to lift then it might be inside the unit. There is a kit u can buy from Jd. It has a spring that has broke twice on my 72 Jd 110. The only other thing to check is if the tractor was used for plowing it might be jammed. Take electric lift off and turn shaft 1 way will take it in other out. Hope this helped.

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 7,272 Thanks
  • 12,493 posts

Posted August 07, 2011 - 06:08 AM

With JD the options like the electric lift are often covered in a separate manual. The wiring should be pretty straight forward. Unless there is some obvious clue as to what is wrong, I would disconnect the deck from the lift and see if it works unloaded. I would then work my way back from the motor to the switch to find out where the problem is.