Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 04:14 PM

I've seen a couple of trailers where the ramps slide in underneath. Not sure how practical it is or how well they work...it would seem to me that road grime and salt would make them stick a fair bit, and I'm too old to be crawling around under a low trailer trying to get the ramps to move...but it does get them out of the way for transport.

There are several places around Des Moines selling Trailers built in Texas and Oklahoma, that thave the ramps storing under the floor.

#47 rvnut OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8844
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 04:44 PM

I built a trailer on a Starcraft pop-up camper frame. I left the frame out over the tires. I called it my potato chip trailer because you had to be careful about the weight you put on the trailer because too much of a load would put the floor down on the tires. The trailer worked out fine fo our use since we were in the rental business. It was very easy to load sofas and chairs because of the width. We could also haul appliances side by side.
I always had 2 or 3 different size trailers on hand because as you know weight and size of what you are hauling dictates what trailer you use. The last Trailer I bought was 12ft. by 6 ft.and since I am hauling Grasshopper Comercial mowers it is barely large enough. I would suggest that if you are building a new trailer and if your axle will allow you to steach widthto at least 6.5 ft or even 7 ft. I would do so.