#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Don't know Speedex models. Kinda looking around think I would like a later 4-digit model. Something like an 1130. Question on models......is the 30 or 40 ending more the size of chassis, and then the first two numbers the HP of engine? SO, thinking 1130, 1630 about same tractor, diff engines?
Where can I see brochure pictures? Is it hard to find later models? I had a brochre of the Strongland tractors around here that I might be able to make uploads of later, if I can figure out how. Those were real nice, that is the "look" I would rather have in the Speedex I would find. I'll check the Manuals section, see what's here now.

P.S. What's the "Topic Tags" section above??

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 08:47 PM

Does the model matter? Once you paint it yellow and red and put MM stickers on it they are all the same! Lol. Sorry, I don't really have anything helpful on the matter.

The tag thing is so its easier to find. Say you put "speedex" into it, this topic will come up if somebody searches "speedex" or clicks the link on the main forum page.

#3 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 08:58 PM

A couple of things, I do have a brochure at home for you. But, yes the first 2 characters of late models are hp, 1630, sixteen hp, 1140 eleven hp, now that doesn't hold true for the S series, S17 was a 7HP Kohler, S18 was an 8 hp briggs, now I might have those mixed up, S23 however was a 9 HP Briggs and S24 was a 10HP briggs...hopefully this hasn't confused the h3** outta you...

Good Luck and I'll try to scan the Brochure, what vintage is your tractor?

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 08:36 AM

Nutcase, I don't HAVE a speedex now. Just curious about them, might look for one this summer. I did find a link o a Speedex owner's site and it has all the models shown and manual pages of some. Sure was quite a few, AND even hydros! Didn't know of those and have never seen. I bet those are hard to find or find a person wanting to give up! I have to find time to go back and see what else is on site. If you would rather, my email is glperry4 AT yahoo.com for a few pix of the brochure. Thanks!

Edited by powerking56, February 21, 2012 - 10:58 AM.
email edit to keep the 'bots away

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 06:07 PM

Nutcase, you or someone else send me some scans? There was no return address and it went to my Spam, but I opened after seeing something about Speedex in title. There was a Strongland flyer in there, but lots diff than one I had. Tractors were green, mine are red. I'm gonna look for that and try posting.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 06:56 PM

The topic tags are descriptive keywords for what your topic is about. Example you could have used brochure, speedex. They are to help with finding stuff a little easier when doing searches.

#7 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 01:24 AM

Nutcase, you or someone else send me some scans? There was no return address and it went to my Spam, but I opened after seeing something about Speedex in title. There was a Strongland flyer in there, but lots diff than one I had. Tractors were green, mine are red. I'm gonna look for that and try posting.

Apologize for not updating this sooner in that I've been buyin some fords and gravelys lately, and gettin ready to take the plunge into a 448 :-). I will bring my stuff to work tomorrow and should be able to provide you guys some answers...