8 replies to this topic

#1 gapper OFFLINE  

gapper

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2232
  • 5 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hello everyone, I am trying to buy a speed reduction setup from a person that has a NOS setup. Neither he or i know what the value of this would be. I want to be fair with him. I only met him just a couple times but can tell he is a stand up kind of person and i want to get it at a good price but be fair at the same time. He has all the hardware and the belt guard as well as the manual. He even had the box but it got torn and then threw in the trash. Any help on the value would be great. Thanks, Rick

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 07:52 PM

I wish I could help you out. I'd never even heard of one until your post. I did some searching around the net and it seems as though if there are any out there, they're not for sale! They seem to be rare as hens teeth. I have a couple of contacts that I can ask, but I'm not sure when I'll see them next. Hopefully soon. I can certainly understand wanting to do the right thing, but in the end a price that the two of you can agree on is a "fair" price. I hope that you can come to an agreement. Best of luck!

P.S. When you get it home, we'd :love: to see some pics of it, maybe even some dimensions :laughingteeth: !

#3 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 07:55 PM

I wish I could help you out. I'd never even heard of one until your post. I did some searching around the net and it seems as though if there are any out there, they're not for sale! They seem to be rare as hens teeth. I have a couple of contacts that I can ask, but I'm not sure when I'll see them next. Hopefully soon. I can certainly understand wanting to do the right thing, but in the end a price that the two of you can agree on is a "fair" price. I hope that you can come to an agreement. Best of luck!

P.S. When you get it home, we'd :love: to see some pics of it, maybe even some dimensions :laughingteeth: !

Are you looking for hen's teeth? I think I have some. :bigrofl:

#4 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 07:59 PM

That sounds interesting and rare! I hope you can agree on a decent price. I have no clue on the value. I would imagine it's not cheap! Good Luck.

#5 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 09:46 PM

That sounds interesting and rare! I hope you can agree on a decent price. I have no clue on the value. I would imagine it's not cheap! Good Luck.

Ditto,Good luck!

#6 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 08:54 AM

Sorry,I can't help you either.

#7 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hello everyone, I am trying to buy a speed reduction setup from a person that has a NOS setup. Neither he or i know what the value of this would be. I want to be fair with him. I only met him just a couple times but can tell he is a stand up kind of person and i want to get it at a good price but be fair at the same time. He has all the hardware and the belt guard as well as the manual. He even had the box but it got torn and then threw in the trash. Any help on the value would be great. Thanks, Rick

Can't help with a price, but it is very rare. Here is a link to a guy that has one on a model 603Special. He says he is in 2nd gear in the video.. Good Luck..

#8 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 12:51 PM

Wheel Horse SR-64 kit , this is a speed reduction pulley set used on mid 1960's belt driven Wheel Horse garden tractors . The kit contains a large belt guard , a 7 inch pulley , two idler pulleys , a mounting bracket and a 76 inch belt . The part numbers for these parts are #5254 , #1629 , 34474 , #3542 , #1536 , #4473 .

#9 gapper OFFLINE  

gapper

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2232
  • 5 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted March 09, 2012 - 07:24 PM

Sorry guys, i thought i posted a pic of my SR-64. Here is a pic. I was a little bummed he did not have the belt or the hardware kit. So if anyone has an original WH belt #1586 and wants to sell it, please get in touch with me.I also need to know the size of the spacer (#4474) that would have been in the hardware kit. I think i could figure it out with trying but could save a lot of time if someone knows the size. Thanks, Rick

Attached Thumbnails

• 02-25-12_1536.jpg

Edited by gapper, March 09, 2012 - 07:31 PM.