22 replies to this topic

#16 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 06:02 PM

Well guys, I tried. :mecry: After numerous attempts to talk to this guy again all I get is silence. :confuse: I thought it was a done deal, but I guess not. I even asked the guy to call even if he changed his mind, sold it, gave it to someone else or whatever-got nothing :mad2: I don't mind not having the Gt as much as not being dealt with honestly. Whatever happened to one's word being the most important quality one has? :orangecool: Oh well, at least I didn't lose anything (including my temper) on the deal. There will be another Gt coming along sometime. :thumbs:

I called him the day the ad was posted and he never returned my call also.

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 06:45 PM

Sorry to hear it got away, but it'll make the next score seem twice as nice.
  • Billygoat said thank you

#18 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 07:53 PM

I called him the day the ad was posted and he never returned my call also.

I had talked to him earlier. He just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be scrapped. he also made a statement about wanting to know if I was local as he was getting calls from "guys way up north". He implied it was mine and it wasn't going anywhere until I came and got it.

#19 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 08:05 PM

Sorry to hear you didn't get it. Yes that is frustrating, when they don't have the decency to communicate
with you as they said they would/should.
Sure would be interesting to see where it went.

#20 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 09:16 PM

I would still keep trying to get a hold of the guy, if he said it was yours. Things come up and maybe he got tied up. It is worth a shot.
  • Billygoat said thank you

#21 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 08:11 PM

Well George, I took your advice and tried to call the guy one more time. He answered the phone! I explained who I was and why I was calling- he promptly hung up the phone. He should be thankful that I am not the kind of person that would retaliate because of something like that. I pray he uses caution doing business like that, there's people that would hunt him down like a dog for his rudeness and lack of respect. As was said before, another will come along and I will be the better for it. I hope whoever got it gives it the care it deserves. Machines have feelings too.
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 08:22 PM

Well George, I took your advice and tried to call the guy one more time. He answered the phone! I explained who I was and why I was calling- he promptly hung up the phone. He should be thankful that I am not the kind of person that would retaliate because of something like that. I pray he uses caution doing business like that, there's people that would hunt him down like a dog for his rudeness and lack of respect. As was said before, another will come along and I will be the better for it. I hope whoever got it gives it the care it deserves. Machines have feelings too.

That is a bummer. It is a shame he couldn't be more professional about it or be a man of his word. I would not be surprised though if he just didn't get overwhelmed with phone calls and caved to someone offering cash. I guess we will never know. I wish he would have stuck to his word for you though.

#23 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted February 29, 2012 - 06:00 AM

I wish he had been more professional also. As far as him selling it to someone, that would have been fine too. I explained that in one of the messages I left for him. I just asked that he call me back and let me know.