• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 jrwox OFFLINE  

jrwox

• Member No: 582
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:43 AM

Thanks tractormike for the welcome! I'm really happy that there's a terrific site like this for good info with people like me who enjoy older garden tractors. I never thought I'd be excited about restoring something other than a car but I really like my MF7. They sure made them solid back then. I enjoy seeing others that have restored their gt's and want to do the same to mine.
I mounted the snowblower on the tractor and am missing the piece that goes to lift the blower up and any assist springs towards the front. I'm thinking of getting some threaded rod and forked ends so I can adjust the length until I get it right, then I'll lock it in place. I haven't tried the belt but it actually looks to be in pretty good shape. I'll probably buy an extra so I'm not caught short when it breaks after a big snow storm. The work continues....

#17 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 07:21 AM

I mounted the snowblower on the tractor and am missing the piece that goes to lift the blower up and any assist springs towards the front. I'm thinking of getting some threaded rod and forked ends so I can adjust the length until I get it right, then I'll lock it in place. I haven't tried the belt but it actually looks to be in pretty good shape. I'll probably buy an extra so I'm not caught short when it breaks after a big snow storm. The work continues....

I used threaded rod to make mine also.....The push rod for lifting it is also made of thread rod on mine........I guess you didn't need those bars that we were talking about?

#18 jrwox OFFLINE  

jrwox

• Member No: 582
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 02:05 PM

I'm going to LaCrosse in a short while to see if I can get the starter looked at and then I'll buy the required items to make it lift. I don't think I need the two bars you showed me poncho62. But we'll have to see.