• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jrwox OFFLINE  

jrwox

• Member No: 582
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted June 05, 2010 - 08:01 AM

This is my first post here but I've been looking around quite a bit already. I'm very happy to be a member here! I've learned quite a bit already by just reading posts. Like my title says, I own a MF7 that I'm restoring. I got it for free(long story)and I'm looking forward to using it to mow the two lawns that I take care of. It came with the mower deck and I just purchased a snowblower for it(from member MF10 Diesel). The blower is 90% complete but is missing the shoot adjustment crank and a piece for the lift. Does anyone have a complete 720 blower they could send me pics of? I don't think it will be too bad to make the missing parts but some pictures would be great! Also, it sounds like I'm going to have to have the speed reducer for blowing snow. Does anyone have the kit or is there a standard pulley I can buy if the kit isn't available? I'll post some pictures of the tractor today so I can post some "before" pics. Hopefully I'll have some very nice "after" pics to show you later! Thanks for any info!

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 05, 2010 - 08:13 AM

So you are the one that bought my blower? LOL j/k. It was too far away from me anyway.

The crank handle is pretty simple, there is a thread that I had started a while back on getting the snow blower setup on my MF12 and the handle should be the same other then a little shorter. I don't know how the blower mounts on the 7/8 series to help with the other missing piece.

I don't know of any gear reduction, I am guessing your 7 is gear drive?

Pictures are required, it is in the small print that you probably didn't read when you agreed to the terms and conditions when you signed up :bigrofl:

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 05, 2010 - 09:14 AM

:welcometogttalk:
jrwox

#4 jrwox OFFLINE  

jrwox

• 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted June 05, 2010 - 02:01 PM

NUTNDUN, I looked under your name to look for the crank handle and, in one of your pictures, I got a good view of it. I agree, it shouldn't be very tough to make on for mine. I haven't even tried to mount the snow blower yet but I'll figure something out. I just thought if someone had some pics of it now that it's summer and off the tractor, that I could see some pics of it complete. Yes, mine is gear driven with electric start. I hope I can keep it going slow enough to handle some of the snows we get here in Minnesota! I need to find some wheel weights and chains too before fall. I'm always looking on CL!! Thanks for the help! BTW, I really enjoyed the video of you MF in action!

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 05, 2010 - 03:13 PM

If mine wasn't in storage now I would take a picture and measurements for you but it is going to be about a month till I get the stuff out of storage again. Hopefully some of the other guys have their stuff they could take pictures and measurements for you.

#6 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted June 05, 2010 - 04:07 PM

For the speed reducer I believe all you have to do is reverse the center pulley in the drive line, you need to remove the 2 foot boards to get at it.

#7 jrwox OFFLINE  

jrwox

• 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted June 05, 2010 - 05:03 PM

I'm attaching a few pics of my MF7, and accessories. I took the side cover off to try and get better spark so it's not in the side picture. Right after the pics I mounted up the mower deck to try it out. I thought it went pretty easy. I hope the snow blower goes as easy! Thanks for the heads up on reversing the center pulley, I'll take a look under it to look. Here are a few pics:
PICT0824..jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• PICT0827..jpg
  • PICT0826..jpg

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 05, 2010 - 05:12 PM

Good lookin' tractor.

#9 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted June 05, 2010 - 06:45 PM

Apr23-10 010 (Medi&.jpg That blower looks a lot like my MF620 blower (36")...I just finished restoring mine and had to make a crank handle too......

Attached Thumbnails

• Apr23-10 009 (Medi&.jpg

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 06, 2010 - 06:32 AM

jr can you take more pics of the blower from other sides? I think you are only missing the chute handle and the lift pin which is actually just a push pin. The lift handle works opposite with the snow blower because it actually pushes down on it to lift the blower. I don't think the blows for the 7/8 had a subframe like they do on the 10/12.

#11 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted June 06, 2010 - 07:02 AM

Looks to me that the 2 swing bars are also missing. You can see them on the pic of mine. They attach to the 2 upright mounts near the back. They mount to the hanger that attaches to the front axle.......I would take some pics of how mine attaches on my 10 (if its the same)....but I dont have the blower on the machine.

#12 jrwox OFFLINE  

jrwox

• 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted June 06, 2010 - 07:29 AM

I took some more pictures of the blower. Hopefully I'm not missing all that much! Thanks for the help.PICT0830..jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• PICT0829..jpg
  • PICT0828..jpg
  • PICT0831..jpg

#13 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted June 06, 2010 - 07:51 AM

Your blower is not the same as mine, but it probably mounts the same way.........Look at this pic...it shows 2 bars. The back of it mounts to the tractor frame and the front mounts on a bracket with 2 pins that bolts to the front axle pivot bolt.......Then, when you push down on the back of the blower frame, it raises the front of the blower off the ground.......There are also a couple of helper springs on the front that help with this.

Attached Thumbnails

• blower..jpg

#14 jrwox OFFLINE  

jrwox

• 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted June 06, 2010 - 08:13 AM

I'll have to try it out today and see how it goes. I need to paint the installed yesterday anyway so, once I have it off, I'll try and mount the snow blower. You're right, I don't have those bars. Maybe the 720's are a little different and I don't need them.*crossing fingers*

#15 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:04 AM

First off, :welcome: jrwox to the forum. That looks like a nice Massey project you have going there.