4 replies to this topic

#1 Rick OFFLINE  

Rick

Tractorholic

• Member No: 344
  • 15 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted June 04, 2010 - 06:35 PM

I pulled the motor out of my truck the other day for the third time since christmas.The first motor lost number 8 cylinder so I got another one from a salvage yard here in my area.Of course they told me that it was a good one so I believed them.Boy what a mistake,no oil pressure.They told me that I caused it by changing the intake manifold.I have been working on cars for 27 years and changed a lot of manifolds.Pulled that one out got my money back and found one still in the truck,we drove the truck no problems at all.Paid for it brought it home and put it in my truck what do you think happened.The crank was cracked.So out it came again new crank and bearings even a new timing chain so it is ready to go back in over the weekend.I sure hope this will be the last time because if it isn't there will be a big explosion caused by a can of gas and a match.

#2 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 04, 2010 - 06:47 PM

I feel for you,also know what thats all about. In my case it was a car had a valve seat come loose at highway speed.Pulled the motor.pulled the piston sent the head in for repair.Got the head back put it all back together.Two months later same thing happened again this time a different cylinder same head.Sure was mad as the head was suppossed to be fixed.The reasoning I got was that they only fixed the one valve seat that had came out.Boy was I mad the same head,It was supposed to have been gone tru.Anyway again a pile of $ put into the car.Only drove it for a couple weeks and traded it for a newer one.That was a heartbreak for sure what a waste of $$$ and time.Sure the time is my time but still its $$$ that I could have used elsewhere.Larry

#3 Rick OFFLINE  

Rick

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted June 04, 2010 - 07:01 PM

The bad thing is this is my plow truck.All 47 inches of snow we had this year had to be shoveled by me and my girlfriends PECKER HEAD son.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 05, 2010 - 03:22 PM

I feel your pain. You need to get a snowblower or a plow for the tractors.

#5 Rick OFFLINE  

Rick

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted June 05, 2010 - 04:03 PM

I have a few of each but that kid is SO LAZY I figured I would give him something to do other than playing those damn video games.