23 replies to this topic

#16 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted February 16, 2010 - 11:31 AM

Thanks, me too. Its going to cost me $500 if I lose, which I don't have by the way.

#17 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 16, 2010 - 01:41 PM

Thanks, me too. Its going to cost me $500 if I lose, which I don't have by the way.

Never bet anything that you are not prepared to loose. (my life lesson for the day) :D

Good luck.
  • fordmustang1984 said thank you

#18 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted February 16, 2010 - 04:58 PM

Thanks, in hindsight, that would have been a good idea. But like you said-hindsight is 20/20 or something like that.

#19 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 16, 2010 - 05:51 PM

Never bet anything that you are not prepared to loose. (my life lesson for the day) :D

Good luck.

I sense a new section.... Dr. Tweidman's tip of the day LOL.

#20 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 16, 2010 - 05:53 PM

Thanks, in hindsight, that would have been a good idea. But like you said-hindsight is 20/20 or something like that.

Yes hindsight is always 20/20. Now all you can do is plan and prepare and try to do your best at winning the bet. You better start putting as much weight as ya can on it.

#21 Bob P OFFLINE  

Bob P

• Contributor
  • Member No: 79
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted February 17, 2010 - 07:07 PM

Mine was missing parts too. It took some work and time fabbing up some parts to get it mounted the first time. Do you have the manual?

If it is the manual for the MF12 snowblower your need, I am pretty sure that I have one up in the barn that I could scan. I have found that the blower works much better than the plow in anything more than 6" or 7" of snow in most conditions. When the snow is wet and slushy, however, it is a real pain having to keep getting off the tractor to clear the packed chute. Have you found any good way to deal with this?

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 17, 2010 - 07:32 PM

If it is the manual for the MF12 snowblower your need, I am pretty sure that I have one up in the barn that I could scan. I have found that the blower works much better than the plow in anything more than 6" or 7" of snow in most conditions. When the snow is wet and slushy, however, it is a real pain having to keep getting off the tractor to clear the packed chute. Have you found any good way to deal with this?

Thank you for the offer on the manual Bob, I had it in digital form but it was a matter of finding it. I finally found it and it is on the site in the manuals section.

As for the clogged chute I never got a chance to experience it as the snow was dry and powdery but I am wondering if before each season to sand the inside of the chute nice and smooth and respray it with paint and then apply pam or some sort of cooking oil before each use maybe?

#23 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 17, 2010 - 08:14 PM

As for the clogged chute I've heard that using a spray ski wax works good.

#24 bobl OFFLINE  

bobl

• Contributor
  • Member No: 55
  • 2 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted February 22, 2010 - 09:39 PM

I've had the same issue with chute clogging on mine (MF4220 thrower on MF 1650) and wondered if part of the problem was the hot exhaust blowing onto the chute. I wrapped some pipe-wrap insulation around it (the kind with tinfoil on the outside) but haven't had a chance to try it with that yet.