tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 05:30 PM

I would say about 2' max. I tried pushing over 30" and it was slow and difficult work.

How deep is 30" plus of snow....

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's hard to tell, but those piles I'm making are as tall as my 48" split rail fence.

Posted Image

My trusty Springer Spaniel was out helping. He was digging the snow up for me, thanks Asher! Good boy.:thumbs:

Posted Image

#2 custom8mm98 OFFLINE  

custom8mm98

• Member No: 30
  • 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 06:15 PM

I have used my 1971 MF12H for commercial snow removal this year, i have no doubt that my tractor can push 2 feet of snow. With a good set of tire chains and wheel weights my tractor will push all day long! I will tell you one thing, the road salt they put down here in iowa has taken its toll on my tractor as i trailer it. So come spring time its going to be tore apart, blasted and re-painted. I might also be fabricating a cab for it this spring. its hard to say i have so much on my plate i still have to finish my MF7 narrow front project before the tractor shows start up this year. oh just remembered if you look at the pic to the left i put an electric winch on my tractor with some aftermarket lights, works very well, much better then lifting it by hand over and over again!

#3 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 06:36 PM

I have an electric lift as well, the manual lift is ridiculous.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 06:43 PM

I have an electric lift as well, the manual lift is ridiculous.

I agree but have to do it manually for now, gonna end up with my left arm being bigger then my right. LOL

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 07, 2010 - 01:11 PM

How much more snow did yas end up getting? I think they are calling for more this week. I hope it isn't much.

#6 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 08, 2010 - 07:54 AM

The news said between 32 - 34". I have areas that are up to my waste. I had to mount the snow thrower on Sunday. The plow came by and made a nice 4 foot high, ten foot thick wall of snow at the beginning of my driveway. I hit the snow wall with the plow and I just bounced off of it.:( I had my wife chop up the packed snow with a shovel and I used the thrower to fling it out of the way. The thrower worked well of clearing this huge snow fall. :rocker2:I should have had it on from the beginning. :rolleyes:

Edited by tweidman, February 16, 2010 - 01:43 PM.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 08, 2010 - 08:10 AM

That's awesome the snow thrower worked good. I almost dug mine out to attempt to put it on but I haven't had it mounted yet and I think I am missing the one bolt that goes from the lift lever to raise and lower the snow thrower. I think I might have everything else but without attempting to mount it up I am not sure. I know I need the cable that controls the chute direction.

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 08, 2010 - 08:12 AM

My wife just texted me and said they are calling for 5" - 1' for tuesday. I think I am going to see what i can come up with to get the blower mounted. I am going to start a new thread for advice on getting it hooked up.

#9 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 08, 2010 - 10:05 AM

Mine was missing parts too. It took some work and time fabbing up some parts to get it mounted the first time. Do you have the manual?

#10 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted February 08, 2010 - 09:29 PM

I dont know about push, but it can pull a ford taurus pretty well without much effort.

#11 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 07:37 PM

Ok, now i've done it! I jsut bet my brother the cost of putting a loader on my tractor that my MF12H can push 2 feet of wet snow as it is right now. That is with ags, 50 lb wheel weights, and the stock 42 inch plow.

#12 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hey you guys are lucky you get to play with your tractors in the snow, up here in Canada where I am we got 5 or 6" for the whole season, only plowed my driveway once this winter with my little MF8, never used my MF12 it has home made 4' blade. Send some up here.

#13 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hey you guys are lucky you get to play with your tractors in the snow, up here in Canada where I am we got 5 or 6" for the whole season, only plowed my driveway once this winter with my little MF8, never used my MF12 it has home made 4' blade. Send some up here.

Doug, I think mother nature is confused this year as we don't normally get this much snow and you guys up there in Canada should be getting it all LOL

#14 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 11:15 PM

We have only had 6 inches at most, and itmelts between each storm. I guess the weather is reversed this year.

#15 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 16, 2010 - 05:45 AM

Ok, now i've done it! I jsut bet my brother the cost of putting a loader on my tractor that my MF12H can push 2 feet of wet snow as it is right now. That is with ags, 50 lb wheel weights, and the stock 42 inch plow.

I hope you win the bet :thumbs: