#61 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,480 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted July 22, 2012 - 10:45 PM

I think it was my fourth radiator that finally made the grade. Ended up being much larger than planned. A fuel tank in the two gallon range will last a loooonnnngggg time with that diesel. My G4200 has a two gallon tank and it lasts so long that I forget to check it.
Nice to see you making progress again.

#62 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 04:36 AM

Well, speaking from expirence , a diesel fuel tank near the radiator is just asking for dirt to plug up the radiator, don't ask how I know .... Let's just say this is why I built the fuel tank into the fender.

mine has a screen in front of it, and when mowing, just loves to plug up with grass and fluff from mowing , it will run upwards of 190* or more if i don't swipe off the stuff. I found mowing when wet works the best, keeps the dust and fluff off the screen.

#63 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2133
  • 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 02:45 PM

You could about box the cut in the frame back in.....

I belive your tank is in sideways.

Tank is sideways and once im sure everything works ill patch the frame. Ever finish your crawler?

#64 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,208 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 04:15 PM

Tank is sideways and once im sure everything works ill patch the frame. Ever finish your crawler?

Not yet shes on hold right now.

#65 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 07, 2012 - 03:37 PM

Not yet shes on hold right now.

Hope you get at 'er soon.I can't wait to see it.

#66 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,208 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hope you get at 'er soon.I can't wait to see it.

Give me two weeks and I'll show off whats holding it up....

#67 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 06:31 PM

Give me two weeks and I'll show off whats holding it up....

OK,I guess I can wait that long. :thumbs:

#68 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,480 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 08:39 PM

OK,I guess I can wait that long.

Speak for yourself. I CAN'T WAIT :smilewink:

#69 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 12:37 PM

got the pto working with some 32" belts and a support bearing at the end. Working so much that its been on the back burner more than id like but it is what it is.

#70 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,626 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 02:09 PM

got the pto working with some 32" belts and a support bearing at the end. Working so much that its been on the back burner more than id like but it is what it is.

You don't need that much sleep...do a few "all-nighter's"!! :smilewink: Same here friend....not much time left for fun. :(

#71 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,480 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Same here friend....not much time left for fun. :(

That's what winters are for I guess. This summer has been too blasted hot and humid to do much out in the shop even with the time available. I think all three of us have things on the back burner waiting for things to slow down and cool down.

#72 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 09:50 AM

I Threw the mower deck from the HT20D under the HT20 and cut some grass with it. No seat or throttle cable just puttering around but it ran great. Just started looking at houses so a large garage or pole building is definitely a necessity.
Main return line on the backhoe happened to blow yesterday too. Finally get to try out the hydraulic hose crimper i bought last year once i get the hose and fittings.

#73 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 01:40 PM

Got a side exhaust mounted with a support bracket similar to the HT20D. Sound pretty good. Bad news is the ear for the lower alternator mount snapped off. ITs an aluminum gear case and its 262$ from kubota. Anyone have any luck with JB weld on aluminum? Worst case ill wait for a parts engine to come up on ebay.
Not sure what i want to do for throttle and fuel shut off cable but i would like to use the original slots in the dash. Anyone have some ideas. I might do a solid linkage.

#74 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 01:53 PM

Got a side exhaust mounted with a support bracket similar to the HT20D. Sound pretty good. Bad news is the ear for the lower alternator mount snapped off. ITs an aluminum gear case and its 262$ from kubota. Anyone have any luck with JB weld on aluminum? Worst case ill wait for a parts engine to come up on ebay.
Not sure what i want to do for throttle and fuel shut off cable but i would like to use the original slots in the dash. Anyone have some ideas. I might do a solid linkage.

jb weld works good but i would NOT trust it you best bet is to get it tig welded or make up a steel bracket and bolt it on just put a paper gasket in be-twine as it will corrode

#75 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,480 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 03:50 PM

On one of mine I just hooked the choke cable up to the kill lever on the pump. Worked well and looked original. On another I ran a choke cable from down on the steering tower where it is out of sight. Just pull it and it stops the engine. The Yanmar is electric so that will be through the ignition switch. An electric solenoid hooked to the kill lever would be another option.
JB weld in a high stress high vibration application would not be a good suggestion. If it is not in an area critical to heat you might be able to weld it without disassembling the engine. Welding would be the preferred repair as you can build up the area and make it stronger than original.