• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ariens1966 OFFLINE  

ariens1966

• Member No: 441
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted June 04, 2010 - 10:36 AM

As in the nursery rhyme "Mary, Mary, quite contrary..." well our conditions are a little on the contrary side...i'll tell you what if the sun ever comes out to stay, stand back cuz my garden is gonna GROW! Potatoes are up, so are peas, spinach, beets, swiss chard, radishes, lettuce, onions and garlic. Corn has been in the ground for close to two weeks...startin' to wonder if I should be replanting...Planted my tomatoes and peppers before the daily rains began. Wild mushrooms are the only thing growing, thank goodness I can distract myself with picking them:smile1:

#2 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted June 04, 2010 - 11:40 AM

My potatoes are just popping up yesterday....I was told that | should heap the dirt on top of the sprouts so the potatoes grow under the ground better.....Do I do it right away or let them grow up ma bit and then bury them?......Beans are sprouting as are the other seeds I put in a couple of weeks ago.....I put my tomato plants etc in this week

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 04, 2010 - 02:37 PM

Not too bad. This is my last of the broccoli. About 3 baskets total.

DSC00143..jpg

#4 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 04, 2010 - 03:46 PM

The potatoes are just showing themselves now,I usually wait untill there 3-4 inches tall then I start hilling them,the peas are out,Tomatoes seem to be growing like crazy,beans have popped out so once they get 3-4 inches tall I put the posts in and then the fence for them to crawl up on{ we only grow pole beans saves on having to bend down to pick} carrots,lettuce also showing themselves as well.I to am wondering if the cucumbers are going to need reseeding been two weeks and don't see any.If they don't show by next week will just go and buy some plants and put them in rather then wait for the new seed to take. Been wet here as well,forced myself to cut grass yesterday,didn't leave ruts but you sure see the tire tracks where you travlled in the wet spots.Hope we don't get a repeat of what we've had the last couple summers with being cool and wet,one never knows,Larry

#5 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted June 15, 2010 - 07:54 PM

Not too bad. Here is a pic from two weeks ago....

My wife picked us some lettuce, spinach, and radishes.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN2471..jpg
  • DSCN2474..jpg

#6 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 05:02 PM

The only thing thats producing in my garden this year is the cucumbers. I am getting about 5-8 pounds a day off of 6-8 vines. They took over the hillside where they are planted. The Forhooks are starting to put out a little. Okras is puttin out a few. Green beans, puprle hull, tomatoes, and all the rest didnt do anything. My broccoli sprouted and is nice and tall but no signs of heads. I think it was a combonation of planting a little too early, dry weather then flooding then back to dry. I do have the seeds for my fall garden, something is gonna turn out nice