• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 demigh0d OFFLINE  

demigh0d
  • Member No: 8660
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 05:47 PM

I recently acquired a GT6000 (917.255981) which is missing the drive pulley (136907).

Sears Parts Direct says it's no longer available and I've not been able to find it, or specs on it, anywhere else.

Can anyone tell me if this is a normal pulley and what it's diameter is?

Thanks,
Duane

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 06:02 PM

Duane, welcome to GTTalk.

Couple of questions, but just one for now... Is this a splined pulley on the transmission?

EDIT:, never mind... I see it's the top pulley on the engine. If I were you, I would start with our site Sponsors

http://gardentractor...-site-sponsors/

Two of them at least have or have access to New Old stock and may even have a used one.

If they don't or can't, maybe they would have a suggestion who might.

I did a little poking around, and while I didn't find specs, I did find out why they are NLA, Electrolux discontinued them with no substitute.

I ran into a similar problem with my GT6000 where the tranny input pulley was NLA.

Good luck.

#3 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 08:17 PM

I have been searching all over for you, I can't find a pulley yet :confuse: But before I forget and on a Happier note! :welcometogttalk:

#4 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 09:01 PM

demigh0d Welcome to GTTalk! Were glad to have you with us! One of the main troubles that people run into with the Sears and Craftsman tractors is the plethora of different manufacturers and suppliers that they dealt with when building their tractors. It ensured that they were very competitive, competent, and comparable machines, but as the years have gone by, it has also been difficult to keep the parts available for even some of the more recent units. I agree with MH81 that some of our site supporters may have what you're looking for, so I hope that you find what you're looking for! I also hope that you enjoy your stay with us here! Thanks for signing up!

#5 demigh0d OFFLINE  

demigh0d
  • Member No: 8660
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions.

I did send an inquiry to Patton Acres several days ago but have not received any response yet.

Duane

#6 roosamaster OFFLINE  

roosamaster
  • Member No: 9767
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 01:19 PM

demigh0d, maybe try Joe's outdoor power. he seems to have a wide variety parts available. give him all the information in your original post, he may have something available

Roosamaster

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drive pulley