• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 spinella OFFLINE  

spinella
  • Member No: 8639
  • 6 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 07:29 PM

thank you. how do i post the pictures so they can be viewed....i hate to have to ask one of my kids to help me. they'll just tease me.

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 07:43 PM

Try this video:
http://gardentractor...file-uploading/
There are several others in the Site How-To Forum.
Where's my manners, Welcome to the forum. The links you posted have some good shots of your tractor. Looks like a nice Cub.
  • spinella said thank you

#18 spinella OFFLINE  

spinella
  • 6 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 07:49 PM

kenny thanks for the link. i'll check it out now. i usually use photobucket but it looks like their website is having problems right now. so i opened a flickr account, i just need to figure it out.

#19 spinella OFFLINE  

spinella
  • 6 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 07:55 PM

cub cadet.JPG cub cadet 2.JPG rear view.JPG tear down.JPG

Edited by spinella, February 15, 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#20 spinella OFFLINE  

spinella
  • 6 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 07:58 PM

well thats about the best i can do... :thumbs:

#21 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,322 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 08:13 PM

That's gonna be a fun restore project! Just tell the kids that a part of helping to restore the tractor is helping to upload the pics!

Edited by Jimbobbillyray, February 15, 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#22 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 09:18 PM

I see lots of potential, no rot and its looks complete other then the grill. Im looking forward to following this one!

Edited by bmxkid313, February 15, 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#23 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 09:39 PM

Welcome to GT TALK. The guys here are some of the greatest on the net. The trick for getting a steering wheel off a cub is this. Carefully pry the center cap off the steering wheel and then take the nut off. It should be a thin nut so you need to get yourself a nut that is the regular thickness as well as a bolt about 2-3 inches long. The nut is a fine thread and I believe 3/4 inch. Thread the thick nut on the steering column halfway and then thread the bolt down into the nut and tighten it down against the steering column shaft. The next part may be harder without the fenders on. Sit yourself down on the seat with your feet on the footrest's and your knees under the steering wheel and push up on it from the bottom. Now get yourself a good sized short handle sledge and while pushing up with your knees on the bottom of the wheel give the bolt a couple good whacks. It should pop after a few good hits. I have used this method on all of my steering wheels and it has never failed me yet. The great advantage to it is its fairly easy and it causes no damage to the wheel or steering column and when done right should have the wheel off in ten minutes or less. Good luck.
  • GTTinkerer, Ryan313, Toolpartzman and 1 other said thanks

#24 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 06:02 AM

On the pics, before you upload, open them on the computer and rotate to proper view, then save. We'll have you posting pics all over before long. :rofl2: Good luck with your tractor.
  • spinella said thank you

#25 spinella OFFLINE  

spinella
  • 6 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 08:11 AM

Welcome to GT TALK. The guys here are some of the greatest on the net. The trick for getting a steering wheel off a cub is this. Carefully pry the center cap off the steering wheel and then take the nut off. It should be a thin nut so you need to get yourself a nut that is the regular thickness as well as a bolt about 2-3 inches long. The nut is a fine thread and I believe 3/4 inch. Thread the thick nut on the steering column halfway and then thread the bolt down into the nut and tighten it down against the steering column shaft. The next part may be harder without the fenders on. Sit yourself down on the seat with your feet on the footrest's and your knees under the steering wheel and push up on it from the bottom. Now get yourself a good sized short handle sledge and while pushing up with your knees on the bottom of the wheel give the bolt a couple good whacks. It should pop after a few good hits. I have used this method on all of my steering wheels and it has never failed me yet. The great advantage to it is its fairly easy and it causes no damage to the wheel or steering column and when done right should have the wheel off in ten minutes or less. Good luck.

thanks. the center cap on my steering whel is in perfect shape, thats why i didnt want to try to remove it. i'll try taking it apart tonight. all the sheet metal(except the hood, i'm going to scuff it) is getting blasted as we speak.

#26 spinella OFFLINE  

spinella
  • 6 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 08:12 AM

On the pics, before you upload, open them on the computer and rotate to proper view, then save. We'll have you posting pics all over before long. :rofl2: Good luck with your tractor.

thats just it, they were right side up when i view them on my computer. i'll try again with new photos from tonight. thanks.

#27 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,322 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 08:16 AM

View the pics like you were getting an annual physical, You know, turn your head and cough! :bigrofl:

I am just happy to see pics, however they are installed. My uploads aren't doing that. weird.

Edited by Jimbobbillyray, February 16, 2012 - 08:19 AM.

• cantgetitright said thank you

#28 cantgetitright OFFLINE  

cantgetitright

• Member No: 7899
  • 2 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 08:17 AM

Have fun. Thats a "Sweet looking" tractor. Bet it looks even better right side up! jk.
  • Delmar said thank you

#29 cantgetitright OFFLINE  

cantgetitright

• 2 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 08:18 AM

Just read Jimbob's post. Thats some funny s*** right there.

#30 cantgetitright OFFLINE  

cantgetitright

• 2 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 08:18 AM

And by S**** i mean stuff.