• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 kb0nly OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7469
  • 18 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 10:31 PM

I have an ample supply of HF stuff here.. Its cheap, but it does the job without paying for the brand name.

I have a grinder, welder, and a ton of small tools from them. Most of which are what i call odd use tools. Like that one tool that you use like once a year and don't want to drop $30 on elsewhere. I have also bought trailer frames from them as well. The only small problems i have had they fixed with a phone call by sending replacement parts or replacing the whole product, etc.

#62 olcowhand ONLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,246 Thanks
  • 29,700 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 10:44 PM

I have a lot of American made tools, and a lot of HF tools. I use what I can afford, and in some cases it's what will hold up the best.
We have a 1/2" Earthquake impact, and it's awesome! My 1/2" Ingersoll Rand is every bit as good & powerful as the Earthquake, and actually has more foot pounds in reverse than the EQ.
Most, but not all of my other air tools are HF, and I've had most of them for many years & never a problem. Mostly a matter of caring for them.

#63 Cvans OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,344 Thanks
  • 4,935 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Just received a couple of HF float chargers. One for the plane and one for the diesel Bolens. Just came in from starting the Bolens and it fired right up. What a treat! Usually when it's cold I have to put the regular charger on it to help it start. This time I unplugged the float charger, hit the glow plugs and then the starter and I was in business.:dancingbanana:
This Harbor Freight product I like! :smile1: