• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 10:13 PM

Another good post. after reading all the responses I would give Maple Hunter a try. It is great being able to see multiple views on a product.
  • sieborg400 said thank you

#17 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 10:25 AM

My decals look wonderful , except for the dash, and tunnel, if I knew how to contact Mr. Brandish I would do so to see if I could get the correct components. Any help with this would be awsome, thanks.
I'm still happy with what I have , just wish they were spot on with the dash.

#18 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 11:17 AM

I bought a set for my Cub Cadet 122 and they went on and looked great. I would recommend the Cub Cadet decals. As for the other brands can't say as I haven't bought any.

#19 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 12:11 PM

www.georgebradishtractorparts.com George only has decals for ford gt and Mf gts.I had maple hunter make my decals for my mm108 and was happy with them,but I gave them the demension from the old decals.Hope this helps you out.Josh

#20 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 08:25 PM

Link didn't work ?

#21 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,475 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 09:44 PM

I've bought from them for farm tractors and I bought a set from them for my MF12. I have not put the set on the MF yet but I have always been pleased with what they make for the big tractors.

#22 C130A Flight Engineer OFFLINE  

C130A Flight Engineer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 3333
  • 175 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 10:10 PM

I bought a set of decals for my Bolens 900 from Maple Hunter before I knew very much about them. The material and print quality is good and the colors are correct. The decals were good with exception to the hood side decals which were not what they should have been, so I was disapointed there.

Attention to detail is what it is all about. If you have invested a lot of your money and time in a restoration you want the details like the decals to be correct. Having said that, when working on a budget, I would find the Maple Hunter decals to be "acceptable", and in most cases correct, but not in all.

I bought a set of decals for my restored mower deck for the 900 from Sams and was quite pleased with the quality and accuracy.

#23 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 05:50 AM

Perhaps if one were to provide the correct decal to Maple Hunter, Tony can make the necessary changes to his product to make them "correct". From what I have read online about Maple Hunter, he can provide what one needs, but has to be provided with the correct information to make them what they are supposed to be. It's pretty hard for someone to manufacture a good product from bad information, and I'm sure he doesn't have time to personally investigate every tractor for correctness.
  • josh deaven said thank you

#24 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,695 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 05:58 AM

Perhaps if one were to provide the correct decal to Maple Hunter, Tony can make the necessary changes to his product to make them "correct". From what I have read online about Maple Hunter, he can provide what one needs, but has to be provided with the correct information to make them what they are supposed to be. It's pretty hard for someone to manufacture a good product from bad information, and I'm sure he doesn't have time to personally investigate every tractor for correctness.

You bring up a good point, but since decals usually are one of the first things people look at on a restoration you would think he would be 100% certain the decals he was selling are correct, before selling them.
  • josh deaven and Ranchkingron have said thanks

#25 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 07:31 AM

Part of the problem is there can be so much variance between years in just one make and model. I bought a set for my MF10 and around half were not used or were different than my early Massey. Maple Hunter (Tony) made up the one's I needed from pictures and measurements. I thought they were very nice and helpfull. I didn't know of anyone else making them at the time.

#26 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 08:45 AM

I haven't gotten any from Maple Hunter, but I can understand the models being a bit different. I am hoping to get new ones for my GTV/16. I took pics of them and sent the measurements off with them. I am changing the colors on some since I am painting 'other' than factory color.

#27 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well, in doing some decal searching I found that no one has the dash decal I need. So I am going to have to be very careful and try and record all the details so I can have them duplicated to perfection. And I will give this info to who ever wants to help.

#28 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7555
  • 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for the imput guys, was just thinking about placing a order with Maple hunter. May wait for more responces here to see what others think. I know the ones he has on the sight for the 900 look correct. Anyone have issue with the material he uses? is the vynal cheap? does it stretch or tear easily?

#29 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7555
  • 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 09:58 PM

I bought a set of decals for my Bolens 900 from Maple Hunter before I knew very much about them. The material and print quality is good and the colors are correct. The decals were good with exception to the hood side decals which were not what they should have been, so I was disapointed there.

Attention to detail is what it is all about. If you have invested a lot of your money and time in a restoration you want the details like the decals to be correct. Having said that, when working on a budget, I would find the Maple Hunter decals to be "acceptable", and in most cases correct, but not in all.

I bought a set of decals for my restored mower deck for the 900 from Sams and was quite pleased with the quality and accuracy.

Was the big decals for the tractor hood in the set? his web sight photo of the set does not show my hood side decals. He shows 2 decals that say bolens but i assumed one was for the rear fender behind the seat and ? where the other one went? Any feedback here would help.

#30 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 09:06 AM

Look at the decals for the Cub Cadet 108-169 tractors there is a color strip at the top of the hood decal and depending on with model you have it could one of 3 different colors. I think this is some of what he is dealing with.