• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 09:20 PM

I just wanted to say you all realy make people (me) feel welcome and comfortable on your site! And as you can tell I am getting over my fear of posting! And everything about this site is awesome! I used to be just hooked on CL and Ebay! ( now I have a new Favorite) Well sorry to take up your valuable time, you can go back to your GT's now. Chris :smile1:

So many times on various other forums, I've seen a brand new member get slammed on their very 1st post. Not something that will be tolerated here! If it were to happen here, the offending post will be removed. We aim to keep GTT a great place for people to interact in a friendly/helpful way. :thumbs:
  • trowel and chris m have said thanks

#18 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,701 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 09:21 PM

Chris, I have joined many forums over the years. Before retirement I belonged to quite a few technical forums and it usually took quite a while for me to feel comfortable. I came here looking for a manual for a tractor I was working on, I do small engine repair, and I noticed right off the bat how knowledgeable the folk are and how friendly. So I have just joined in and learn something new just about every time I'm on line. I'm glad you are here and I hope to see your post's for years to come.
  • chris m said thank you

#19 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 09:26 PM

But Greg, every time someone speaks of catching up with me, it's just an opportunity for me to reply...yet another post! :bigrofl:

Ah yes it is a vicious cycle that we shall never win, but I bet you love every minute of it :poke:

#20 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 09:28 PM

Chris keep posting away. Glad to have you on the site.These are truly some wonderful people and always willing to help.
  • chris m said thank you

#21 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 09:53 PM

Ah yes it is a vicious cycle that we shall never win, but I bet you love every minute of it :poke:

But of course I do! And thanks for yet another opportunity! :smilewink:

#22 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,322 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Howdy chris m. yep, I was once a stalker here too. These folks here are a great bunch. Kinda like GT's, they are addicting. It's good for the soul. I get answers to my questions, and have fun while I am here. Keep up the posting, and happy tractoring!
  • chris m said thank you

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,270 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 11:59 PM

Missed this with all the new posting. Chris, glad you are feeling comfortable and are joining in.

When I joined, I signed up to get info for my kids tractor. Next thing I know, I'm a certified GT addict. Both the tractors and the forum.

I feel like these people are a whole wing of my family. I check in while the coffee's brewing, at lunch, after work, when I get home, etc.

It's like having a whole bunch of brothers, sisters, & cousins with some really cool toys. Their problems are my problems & their successes I celebrate like I am there too.
  • Delmar and chris m have said thanks

#24 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 12:25 AM

Missed this with all the new posting. Chris, glad you are feeling comfortable and are joining in.

When I joined, I signed up to get info for my kids tractor. Next thing I know, I'm a certified GT addict. Both the tractors and the forum.

I feel like these people are a whole wing of my family. I check in while the coffee's brewing, at lunch, after work, when I get home, etc.

It's like having a whole bunch of brothers, sisters, & cousins with some really cool toys. Their problems are my problems & their successes I celebrate like I am there too.

I even put a computer out in the shop so I can check in from there also lol.

#25 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 02:07 AM

Chris, I am glad you have found GTTalk to be a good fit for you. I was a member on another forum and I managed to get past 1000 posts, but it wasn't without making enemies from just posting something that others didn't understand as jokes and such. I made enemies with 4 people on that forum... sadly they were administration LOL. (I didn't last too much longer than that lol). So after I parted from that forum i tried some other avenues and soon got tired of it and went to Facebook.

About a year ago I found my way to GTTalk, and I love it, as you can tell by my post count almost to 3000!! I have met more members in person on this forum than any other forum and I can tell you, the people are just as awesome in person as they are online. GTTalk is like a great big extended family, every one helping each other, and no one goes to bed upset (for the most part lol). Glad to have you here Chris, enjoy the place, it's not difficult. :)
  • chris m said thank you

#26 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 07:00 AM

You know what? I'm glad a *kid* (not dumb btw) is on this site! Most young people today wouldn't even know what a tractor was let alone a GT!

:ditto: I work in education and if we could get more of the younger generation involved in wholesome activities and hobbies like GT's everybody would benifit. Very few usefull life skills are learned from playing "black opps" all the time...
  • trowel and chris m have said thanks

#27 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 03:40 PM

When I first started reading here I really didn't care to post anything. Then I had a question and boom, I got everything answered, tried what was suggested and have been hooked ever sense. As I got my feet wet I even found I could joke with people a little. Boy, I love this site.
  • chris m said thank you

#28 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 03:51 PM

Chris, we're very glad to have you here with us! The diversity and knowledge base of the members here is an awesome thing! Couple that with the the great personalities that they possess and you have a winning combination! We're very thankful to hear how comfortable you are here and hope that we can continue to be the place you want to be! Thanks for letting us know how you feel!
  • chris m said thank you

#29 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 07:11 PM

This is great news, Glad that you can tollerate us! Post Away!
  • chris m said thank you

#30 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hey Trowel, just wondering what age "oldtimer" is. Don't forget there's a lot of eyes on you waiting for an answer lol!

Edited by pchili4, February 15, 2012 - 07:50 PM.