#16 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Your welcome, the join date use to be under the picture in the old fourm, in that case you should be welcoming me to GT Talk, wish i could help with your tractor but know very little about them much less anyone that may have parts, good luck with it and if one pops up around me i will post it.
  • RAJ said thank you

#17 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • Member No: 40
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, I noticed there were some changes in the forum in the last few days. Do you know why? As for the welcoming: WELCOME TO GTTALK!! :) LOL
I signed up a long time ago, but you can still consider me new since I haven't been overly active....
  • trowel said thank you

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 11:08 PM

LOL, thanks, have not had someone welcome me in a while, im under the impression it is for ease and convenience, something of a overhaul and improvmet, there are a lot of new fetures that has opened doors and sped up the postings of pictures, videos, classifieds and such, but still retain the original looks.

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 12:11 AM

Very nice looking Town & Country. Lots of potential.

Are the rust-thru spots fixable in case you can't land a set of fenders?
  • RAJ said thank you

#20 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 01:52 AM

I wish you luck on finding the parts! if I find anything I will let you know. :smile1:
  • RAJ said thank you

#21 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 08:52 AM

Very nice looking Town & Country. Lots of potential.

Are the rust-thru spots fixable in case you can't land a set of fenders?

I'm pretty sure I can find fenders. I have a couple leads.... I'm sure anyone that can do body-work would be able to patch it, so if that's the only route, it will be done.
Rust really bothers me, so "Rust Belt" Minnesota isn't ideal for my interests, but I'm pretty good at finding clean stuff.

#22 lsaltis1961 OFFLINE  

lsaltis1961

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7756
  • 13 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 08:59 PM

From what I understand the Moline is identical to a Jacobsen. So the fenders and seat are one unit. It sure looks like a seat and fender unit from my 64' or 65' Jacobsen Chief 800's would bolt right on. You could also bolt on a seat and fender unit from any jake from 1966 to 1970 but instead of the bar backrest you would have sheat metal and the padding (ford 100, 110 or 120 would work also, same years). You would probably have to cut a hole so you could access the tranny dipstick on the Moline. Boy would I love to find a moline. Never seen one in upstate New York. Nice find.

#23 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 11:03 PM

Yes, I learned today from Josh that the '64-65 Jac would have the same fender pan. I just got it home tonight and it's pretty exciting and overwhelming at the same
time. I noticed that most of what makes up the brakes is gone and some of the mower drive linkage. I have no other tractor to compare it to, so I'm not sure about
anything else. The mower deck is also in pretty sad shape. Nevertheless, I don't by any means have buyer's remorse. I am very happy to have found this rare tractor in my hometown and with the resources out there today, restoring it shouldn't be too difficult. I just wish there was more documentation out there for the stuff Jacobsen made for White Farm Equipment.

The owner of the Jacobsen tractor in Wisconsin I mentioned earlier called me today and said he would be willing to sell it! The model and serial he gave me indicated that it is a 1964 10hp, so most parts should fit. My wife and I are taking a trip to Knoxville around Easter weekend, so hopefully I can pick it up on the way back.

#24 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 02:50 AM

Wow, super neat tractor...that looks like FUN to me!!

#25 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,503 Thanks
  • 39,730 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 05:48 AM

Glad you found a parts tractor. Hope the things you need are in good shape on it. Good luck and thanks for returning to GTTalk.

#26 lsaltis1961 OFFLINE  

lsaltis1961

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7756
  • 13 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 07:34 AM

The reason I have so many jakes and now the 66 ford 100 is that I needed a parts tractor. I still haven't found one because I got them all running. So I wonder if the 64' jake might end up being your next project????

#27 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 09:00 AM

The reason I have so many jakes and now the 66 ford 100 is that I needed a parts tractor. I still haven't found one because I got them all running. So I wonder if the 64' jake might end up being your next project????

I can see that happening too.... I did get ahold of Jay Stamm and he said that he should have the parts I need.
Just want to share something else I learned from Josh. The Molines that had a divider in the grille are 1965s. They are referred
to as the "Low Band" MMs. As far as the parts tractor, I do have another lead on a Jacobsen in my area. I went to the guy's place
looking for some Cub Cadet stuff and came across a Jac that someone had done a poor attempt at a MM clone. I don't remember
the specifics of it but it should be around the same year for what I need.

It always seems like I pass up on something and end up wanting it later, most of the time too late! A day late and a dollar short as they say :rolleyes:

#28 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted February 17, 2012 - 03:31 PM

Here's some more pics of the 108. It looks to be incredibly simple as far as assembly goes.
As you can see, my fenders are in tough shape.

Attached Thumbnails

• MM b.jpg
  • MM c.jpg
  • MM d.jpg
  • MM e.jpg
  • MM f.jpg
  • MM g.jpg

#29 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,503 Thanks
  • 39,730 posts

Posted February 17, 2012 - 05:53 PM

Do have a few extra holes in the fender/seat pan, don't you. Cool looking tractor, though. Ag's look real good on it.

#30 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 12:13 PM

I went to look at one of the potential parts tractor yesterday. It turned out to be rougher than I remember, and it was a '67 Chief 1200 anyway. I found out that one of the ears on the bottom of my grille is broken off and missing yesterday too :mad2: If it was still there I could at least have it welded. I looked at some pictures of Ford grilles on ebay and they appear to be virtually the same so I took a chance on one. I am also missing the shield on the right side toward the rear of the engine. It looks simple though so I should be able to fabricate one to look original. As for the PTO side, there is a larger shield that Josh has on his and looks to be far more complex. Wouldn't it be nice if the previous owners of these machines didn't lose all these parts? I guess the restoration will be more satisfying in the end.