• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 03, 2010 - 06:47 AM

Well we are still waiting to see what is going on with what we are doing for a house, besides all that last night my passenger side window on my new to me truck quit working, figured no big deal probably just the regulator and will fix it asap.

Driving in to work this morning I got on the highway which I am only on for about 2 miles and they are doing construction at the exit where I get off at. About a mile before the exit there was a garbage truck and two cars in front of me and I always leave a good bit of room in front of me and at the last second I caught a glimpse of a rock bigger then a golf ball come up over my hood and sure enough it smacked the windshield. It is in the line of the passenger side windshield wiper so the windshield will have to be replaced when it comes time for inspection. It isn't one of those that can be repaired either. It kind of scalloped about a 2" diameter area. I am going to check with our insurance to see what the deductible would be but if it is too much I will replace it myself. I used to do auto glass when I was fresh out of high school for about three years and the older fords are pretty easy. I just don't what the price would be for a new windshield.

#2 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 03, 2010 - 07:39 AM

Your right about the older ones being fairly easy to do,not like now have to cut them away and then reglue and seal.I thougth things were supposed to get easier with the newer stuff.Myself I think there going backwards when it comes to doing simple fixes.Larry.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 03, 2010 - 07:50 AM

Sorry to hear of your problems George,I have had days like that where nothing seems to go right.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 03, 2010 - 08:33 AM

Insurance here in Ky has NO deductible on glass breakage, long as you have comprehensive or collision coverage.

#5 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted June 03, 2010 - 02:48 PM

Sorry to hear about your trouble today, George.
I Hope the windsheild is not too expensive.....

#6 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted June 03, 2010 - 04:22 PM

My 2002 GMC windshield got broke during the winter my replacement was $165.00. Not bad I just payed it.

#7 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted June 03, 2010 - 09:56 PM

That's a bit of bad luck, on the windshield, George. Hope it isn't too expensive for you. I had that happen once. Saw the rock fall off the guys trailer way ahead of me. It was sliding along the pavement, and when I got close, it hit a crack in the pavement, jumped up, and cracked my windshield!
Hope the house dealings will go good for you too.

#8 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted June 03, 2010 - 10:02 PM

Sorry to hear that your windshield got hit. With all you have going on you really didn't need that to happen! Hope that a house will come along soon for you and your family.