17 replies to this topic

#16 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 07:24 PM

Thanks for the kind thoughts, all! I especially thank you for the tip about triple clicking the back button.

I am truly sorry that I blew up like that. Hind sight is 20-20 and NUTNDUN needed to know about the issue and how it might affect people....... just not in that manner.

I run 2 local jam sessions involving over 80 musicians from beginner to professional level and have had occassion to deal with members who get triggered as I did. I have found, as George has demonstrated, that it is best to sit back and let the embers cool before addressing the issue, if at all possible.

As with almost every one of those jammers that have blown up, I never really left. Just needed a cool down. This site is too good!

Thanks, George! And thank you all!
  • olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#17 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,480 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 09:00 PM

As that famous Admiral said "Dang the computers, full speed ahead" :smilewink:
I think that's what he said.

#18 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 17, 2012 - 10:20 AM

I pretty much knew which ad(s) it was when you had posted and I have been on the fence with them from the beginning as they break the rule and normal understanding of a hyperlink. I was already debating removing them and this just gave the extra incentive. We do have to run ads though and will be sticking with the google ads which most are shown to guests and then once you are logged in most go away and then site supporters don't see any ads.

We do have to pay the bills and while the site is getting closer to becoming self supporting it won't stay that way because as the site grows our expenses grow and granted the income might increase from the ads but there is no promise that it would cover all expenses. So yes we will have ads to some extent but we do try and keep it to a minimum unlike a lot of other sites out there and now without the double underline ads we are definitely not like the other sites out there.
  • TUDOR, HowardsMF155 and trowel have said thanks