Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote Now For Featured Tractor Of The Month Of March 2012!

vote featured tractor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of March 2012 (120 member(s) have cast votes)

Which tractor would you like to vote for?

1. Simplicity 7016H - Michiganmobileman (16 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

2. Voted Ransome Bobcat - DH1 (7 votes [5.83%])

Percentage of vote: 5.83%

3. Ford LGT165 - KennyP (24 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. John Deere LX176 - Toolpartzman (5 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

5. Voted Massey Ferguson MF10 - MF10Ryan (41 votes [34.17%])

Percentage of vote: 34.17%

6. Moto-mower - motobreeder (27 votes [22.50%])

Percentage of vote: 22.50%

Vote

#1 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 08:57 AM

Not as bad as you think though.
We live on a chain of lakes and have two boats that have to be winterized and stored. Our 12 foot fishing boat does not take up much space but we also have a 2003 22 foot pontoon that for the last four years we have stored here to save the storage fees. We started storing it ourselves the year I found out that they did NOT remove the battery in the winter :mad2:. So now it sets in a little cubby hole along our driveway during the winter, well back out of the way. For the last few years my weapon of choice has been my 1974 Simplicity 7016H with a 42 inch snowblower for clearing the driveway, etc.

In February of 2011 after one of our many snowfalls, while removing the snow alongside that had been pulled off of our Pontoon boat cover I found the concrete block I had used as a step to get my butt up on the deck when we parked the boat in the fall. Fortunately it was going in reverse and not forward. I knew it was there and had swung wide around it on the first pass. But after finishing the second pass and backing back out to the driveway I got just a little too far back over to the right. Hurt me more than the blower because I knew it was there! Fairly easy to fix, got some welding practice time anyway.

OK who's next?

Attached Thumbnails

• snowblowervsblock3.JPG
  • snowblowervsblock1.JPG
  • snowblowervsblock2.JPG
  • snowblowervsblock.JPG
  • Greg & Toy.jpg

Edited by NUTNDUN, March 03, 2012 - 08:54 AM.
Set close time for topic.

#2 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 09:34 AM

OK here's my entry. Broken blade on a lawn mower.

This my my 3wheeler Ransomes Bobcat grass cutter, I've had this thing for few yrs now and it has done the job of cutting the grass. I have sat on this thing for as long as 6hrs non stop cutting grass. It's noisy, very maneuverable, safe in that it will not tip over and when it gets stuck in the soft spots it's a job to get it out.

One day a friend was using it to cut my grass I heard him shut it done and call me over, told me it started shaking badly. I looked at him as if he was nuts, then started it up, turned on the blades and it was shacking. We drove it to the garage I looked underneath and found the problem, center blade broke, these blades only had 1 season use on them. It also broke the shaft in the spindle ended up replacing the blade and spindle assembly.
To this day I don't know where the missing piece of blade is or why it broke in the first place. Everybody says I must of hit something, but there's nothing to hit where I cut, only twigs, no rocks, stumps, survey markers rods, water main valves, nothing solid like that.
farmall 027..jpg
farmall 002.jpg
farmall 004.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• farmall 029..jpg
  • farmall 028..jpg
  • farmall 001.jpg
  • farmall 003.jpg

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 08:15 AM

My entry is from when I bent the sleeve hitch on my 1977 Ford LGT 165. I came up with the idea to make a tow hitch for it after the MTD mower broke down in the front yard and I used the Ford to tow it around back. With a little help from TD&H, I was able to build the tow hitch. I hooked it onto the Ford and decided to give it the ol’ college try on the rear of my Cub 108. Found out two things: the Cub was heavier than I thought and the sleeve hitch wasn’t up to the task.
Image001.jpg
The Ford had plenty of lifting capacity, I had just made the tow hitch too long. I straightened things as best I could and added in some bracing to keep it from bending there again. I didn’t realize until this fall that I had also twisted the sleeve hitch itself. I have since cut the hitch apart and welded it back together without the twist. I also found out the frame of the Ford is cracked back near the rear end, plan to pull the fender pan this spring and get that fixed. I plan to make a better lift bar from the lift attach back to the sleeve hitch, the ‘stock’ ones bend to easily.
I learned a few things here about force and the properties of metal. After repairing and cutting about 4” out of the tow hitch, I was able to lift the Cub and move it about the yard.
Image001.jpg
Here's a pic of the tow hitch before I shortened it:
Image004 (Small).jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Image002.jpg
  • Image002.jpg
  • Image001.jpg

• outlaw070665 said thank you

#4 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 03:07 PM

If its OK to enter a mower then, here's my tear-jerker.

I Bought this VERY nice JD LX 176 hydro to swap in my LX 172 (geared) engine. Except for a blown engine and the usual seat cracks, it had no damage anywhere even the HOOD. For an old junk-man,I was thrilled after washing it off. Every decal,& all the plastic was pristine. Until the Kaw 14 blew ,it had been indoors. The deck didn't have a single ding in it. This will be a perfect spot for the engine from my deckless-172.

I started work on a Sat AM, thinking the swap will be a no brainer-just a bolt up. I raise the hood to pull it off and BANG-3 pieces went flying and my lovely, shiny, green perfect $$$XX hood was junk. I was horrified and some xxx language was used. Eventually, I used the 176 grill and side panels, and put the old 172 cap on--But, NOT before removing the hood latches.

2012021020120210_01_03.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012021020120210_01.jpg
  • 2012021020120210_01_01.jpg
  • 2012021020120210_01_02.jpg

Edited by Toolpartzman, February 10, 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#5 MF10Ryan OFFLINE  

MF10Ryan

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 7917
  • 244 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 08:23 PM

This post has been promoted to an article

#6 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hi,

This was a couple years ago, but to promote the garden tractor pulling and support the community, we participated in a local Santa parade. My son (age 11) and I cleaned up a couple Moto-mower tractors, put on Sanata toques (hats) and had a blast driving in the parade.

After the parade, we were loading up the tractors and that's when it happened. My son was driving up the ramp as he had done many times before but this time it was colder and the tires lost grip. He was almost on the trailer then started sliding backwards. The tires caught traction on the ground and with the front wheels still on the trailer - what happend next was stunningly fast.

The tractor wheeled over backwards and landed on my son. I tossed the tractor aside and was relieved to find my son was uninjured but very shaken. Now we load our tractors in reverse.

The only realy damage was the steering wheel.
broken10.jpg

I know it's not much to see. Found a fellow that can weld aluminum and it looks really good.

It's still my favourite tractor.
motomower-small.jpg

Enjoy your garden tractors - but don't let your guard down on safety. We were lucky, but I made a mistake that could have gone badly.

Edited by motobreeder, February 12, 2012 - 09:23 PM.

• MH81 and Delmar have said thanks

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 02:17 PM

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of March 2012 has now officially started and will end the last day of February. The theme for this month is "Look What I Broke"

The winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page for the entire month of February and in our Featured Tractor Section for infinity. Our featured tractor winners are also printed in the LAGT magazine so if you are not a subscriber you are missing out.

We have 6 nominations this month, I have put them in the order the poll is so hopefully it makes it a little easier.
  • Simplicity 7016H - Michiganmobileman
  • Ransome Bobcate - DH1
  • Ford LGT165 - KennyP
  • John Deere LX176 - Toolpartzman
  • Massey Ferguson MF10 - MF10Ryan
  • Moto-mower - motobreeder

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below. This is really important especially this month since it also has to do with what they broke.

Please remember that the winning tractor cannot be nominated again for a full year. Thanks and good luck!

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 02:21 PM

Let the voting begin. I messed up on copying the the posts to the new thread. My post listing the nominations was supposed to be first. Will try harder for next month. I can get a little slack can't I? LOL

#9 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,720 Thanks
  • 4,279 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 02:38 PM

I can get a little slack can't I? LOL

NO WAY!! :bigrofl:

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:51 PM

I can get a little slack can't I? LOL

Sure can,BUT,......... just a little. :laughingteeth: :laughingteeth: :laughingteeth: :laughingteeth: :laughingteeth: :laughingteeth: :laughingteeth:

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Lets get them votes in :D

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 07:47 AM

11 votes thus far! Need a few more in there, folks.

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 05:30 AM

Only 18 votes so far! Only 2 weeks left to vote!

#14 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 05:41 AM

So,chop,chop, guys. :D

#15 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 10:05 PM

This is a tough one. Gotta give it a bit more thought.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vote, featured, tractor