DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 5,072 Thanks
  • 5,484 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 12:22 AM

I have seen this site before, first time was a few yrs ago, he sells a conversion manual to convert modern lawn tractors to battery powered electric lawn tractors.
I always thought he was down in the US somewhere, tonight I found out that he's located about 3hrs away from me near Kingston Ontario Canada.
3915cjj_20.jpeg

http://ontario.kijij...QAdIdZ354437502
I have been working for the last 8 yrs trying to get my electric tractor design manufactured without success, I have now changed my plans and I would like to inform anyone who may be interested that I have finally completed for sale on our website a conversion manual to convert your used gas lawn tractor to electric, my website is electrictractor.net see video

This manual contains detailed instructions, supplier list, drawings and over 300 indexed pictures to enable the average handyman to convert a used gas powered lawn tractor to the same operating features as our professional design electric powered lawn tractor.

http://www.electrict.../Home_Page.html
  • MH81 said thank you

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,714 Thanks
  • 7,423 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 12:31 AM

Cool stuff Doug. I need to get converting another GT here soon. Somehow I have two electric tractors, and you have three... hmmm, I am behind LOL. Funny thing is I have all the necessary parts to convert one more.

#3 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,663 Thanks
  • 6,463 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 07:54 AM

Nice find Doug. I'll let you and Casey do the conversions. I'm not up for that yet.

#4 Case-Closed OFFLINE  

Case-Closed
  • Member No: 13397
  • 290 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 11:33 PM

Electric tractors!! I saw a GE a few years back but it was nearly eaten away by battery acid. Personally I like something bigger so I converted a 1990 Ford Ranger over to electric about 6 years ago. It's my daily driver, I'll toss a couple pics of it in my gallery if anyones interested.

#5 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 635 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 11:38 PM

Electric tractors!! I saw a GE a few years back but it was nearly eaten away by battery acid. Personally I like something bigger so I converted a 1990 Ford Ranger over to electric about 6 years ago. It's my daily driver, I'll toss a couple pics of it in my gallery if anyones interested.

Heck yeah I'm interested. Neat stuff!

#6 Little Eddie OFFLINE  

Little Eddie
  • Member No: 86116
  • 46 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 11:54 AM

I have seen this site before, first time was a few yrs ago, he sells a conversion manual to convert modern lawn tractors to battery powered electric lawn tractors.
I always thought he was down in the US somewhere, tonight I found out that he's located about 3hrs away from me near Kingston Ontario Canada.
attachicon.gif3915cjj_20.jpeg

http://ontario.kijij...QAdIdZ354437502
I have been working for the last 8 yrs trying to get my electric tractor design manufactured without success, I have now changed my plans and I would like to inform anyone who may be interested that I have finally completed for sale on our website a conversion manual to convert your used gas lawn tractor to electric, my website is electrictractor.net see video

This manual contains detailed instructions, supplier list, drawings and over 300 indexed pictures to enable the average handyman to convert a used gas powered lawn tractor to the same operating features as our professional design electric powered lawn tractor.

http://www.electrict.../Home_Page.html

DIY electric garden tractor, and it could be charged by solar, zero pollution

I am trying to assemble a kit of parts to build this electric tractor,

at the bottom are some video links of my 17yr old prototype electric tractor working, it still runs like new, 

2hrs cutting approx 2 acres or 8-10 hrs pulling trailer on a charge

Converting to battery power is a great idea for a garden tractor I converted one 17yrs ago, I used the 3 separate motor design and it is still cutting grass on a daily basis, it is amazing how it never breaks down and needs almost no maintenance, I renew the batteries every 7 yrs I am just on my 3rd set now, my design will cut up to 2 acres on a 50cent charge there are no belts or pulleys and no oil on the entire tractor, it can pull a trailer for about 8hrs on a charge, because battery run time is the most important aspect of most conversions I paid particular attention to the most efficient design, I used 3 separate small motors one for the drive with electronic speed control and two smaller with a cutter blade mounted on the shaft of each cutter motor ,total amperage when cutting grass is approx 40amps, (2000watts) this design only uses the battery power req to do the job, very little wasted battery power, it uses magnetic breaking of both tractor and cutter blades and automatically applies parking brake when you stop or get off the seat, an amazing tractor. 

Little Eddie          electrictractor.net

Video #5  Ploughing Snow  

Video #4 Ploughing Veggie Garden

Video #3 The Little Electric Tractor That Can! cutting grass 

Video#1 on youtube    

and https://youtu.be/9LWjfUjQ8a0