• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 06:22 AM

Yep that's Ethan for ya.

He's a real PITA to deal with to.I've got 3 tractors in the past off of him.Every single one of them were "Suppossed to run" Yea they all run but only after putting over $400 in parts alone into my cub did it run correctly.

Word of advice to you all.Buyer BEWARE!!!

Thanks for the heads up

What does this guy do exactly? Run a mower shop? I'm just curious where he got all this stuff from

#17 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1218
  • 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up

What does this guy do exactly? Run a mower shop? I'm just curious where he got all this stuff from

:ditto: I just about fell off my chair when i seen the prices

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 10:38 PM

Tractor looks good, alway liked the early Bolens hood on those tube frame, and dang ! that deck has seen better days,..

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 10:45 PM

This is the kind of stuff we see in Ma. and Ct all the time, high priced postings with no pictures, i always walk away frome these type,

http://westernmass.c...2832416505.html

http://westernmass.c...2837023792.html

http://westernmass.c...2761508370.html

#20 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 12:36 PM

This is the kind of stuff we see in Ma. and Ct all the time, high priced postings with no pictures, i always walk away frome these type,

http://westernmass.c...2832416505.html

http://westernmass.c...2837023792.html

http://westernmass.c...2761508370.html

Yep we see them here too, maybe its just me but if you dont have a pic up to give me an idea of whats being sold and the condition of it, its not really worth seeing....whats that saying.....a picture says 1000 words or something like that
  • trowel said thank you

#21 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 04:09 PM

I tend to agree, I want pictures too, BUT what about that one time when you don't check and it turns out to be the person that is cleaning out gramp's place and don't know squid about taken-n-postin pictures but figures "o.k. I'll put it on Craigs just cause everybody said I should"... a phone call can't cost too much can it? Thats if the basic description and price are in this hemispere to begin with :)
  • trowel said thank you

#22 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,326 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 04:18 PM

Don't get me wrong he's a good Kid an all but he needs a wake up call when it comes to pricing ihs stuff.

There is really not moneys to be had in selling Old garden tractors unless your going to Restore them or sell them 1 part at a time.I've picked up 100s of old tractors over the years in Various conditions.Most of them I had Fixed up and sold in 100% operating condition or tore apart and the parts used on other tractors.And the rest went in for scrap or on my shelves for later use.
I've never made much more than $100 profet selling any tractor.I've made 10x more fixing other PPLs stuff.

I still fix PPLs junk as a hobby but I don't have an hourly rate and I charge by my PITA scale.More of a PITA the more money. :laughingteeth:

Edited by EricFromPa, February 15, 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#23 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 05:16 PM

I tend to agree, I want pictures too, BUT what about that one time when you don't check and it turns out to be the person that is cleaning out gramp's place and don't know squid about taken-n-postin pictures but figures "o.k. I'll put it on Craigs just cause everybody said I should"... a phone call can't cost too much can it? Thats if the basic description and price are in this hemispere to begin with :)

Yep this is true, have to watch for scams though

#24 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yep we see them here too, maybe its just me but if you dont have a pic up to give me an idea of whats being sold and the condition of it, its not really worth seeing....whats that saying.....a picture says 1000 words or something like that

After seeing so many tractors with the promise of it being in good shape i no longer bother, i gess im just tired now, with posting like these i use to call and at least ask if a picture can be provided and help the seller or take the time to drive out there to look but after seeing so many overpriced engines and tractors compared to just a few years ago it is getting harder and harder to turn a profite, part prices has skyrocketed or become obsolete and a lot of these tractors are now for collectors, i can not sell anything for a low price anymore without undercutting myself but people get very angry when i match sellers price insead of undercutting them, im just tired of it,