• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Macgyver OFFLINE  

Macgyver

• Member No: 7014
  • 31 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 10:37 AM

I have been waiting for the chance to get out on my Bolens1254 to try out the snowblower all winter.I even went so far as to get the tractor out the other day just to get the mail and feed the cats in the barn.So as I'm sitting here watching the big flakes still falling,knowing that most of my horseshoe shaped drive has drifts 2 feet deep,I am planning my attack.Then all of a sudden my soon to be son-in-law shows up with his Honda 4wheeler and new plow and starts plowing my drive....ugh.This snow was going to be perfect to use the blower....not anymore.I guess he was more excited about using his new toy,or just trying to get on my good side (taking away my seat time is not the way to do it) so here's to hoping for more snow before winter is over.

#2 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 10:59 AM

Ok, next time we get a snow threat i will send it your way, already have had enugh of it, i know how you feel about wanting to use the blower only to have to stop, i spent all last spring, summer and fall building and testing a re-powered Ariens snowblower with a twin cylinder engine, the first massive snow storm we got in Oct. killed it,...i mean killed it, the snow was just too much it snapped the main drive casting, that snowstorm turned a lot of blowers into part blowers.
Im now stuck with a Ariens blower i built from 4 different parts blower, a kick in the :(

#3 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 03:14 PM

Son in law trying to kiss a little butt, and now he has to try harder all over again LOL!

#4 Macgyver OFFLINE  

Macgyver

• Member No: 7014
  • 31 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 03:45 PM

Well I decided to go out and clean up all the snow trails he left and push the sides back a little more.It was probably better that I didn't use the snowblower as there was a lot of little sticks from the trees under the snow.I guess I can't be too upset with the future son-in-law,after all he needs to have some fun too.

#5 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 04:06 PM

Did he offer to let u use the 4-wheeler to push some of ur snow? Seat time is seat time.......

#6 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 04:13 PM

I think it's nice he took care of you. Glad you didn't put a limb through the blower. Hope you get some seat time soon.