• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tom R OFFLINE  

Tom R

• Member No: 496
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 02, 2010 - 07:31 AM

I'm wondering if any of our Ontario members would have any of the following complete as shown in the image below:

1pc 4-9625 front lift link c/w yoke and pin

I'm not implying that Ontario parts are better, I'm just thinking about mailing cost!

One of these links was missing from my deck when I bought it. The tractor would still lift the deck, but I'd rather have the deck installed correctly. I would take a whole 42" or 48" deck for parts. My deck is good and solid so a rusted out (i.e. inexpensive) deck is fine. I'm more then happy to travel the Greater Toronto Area to pick up. Thanks in advance.

MF_Snapper Mower &#.jpg

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 02, 2010 - 08:02 AM

Hi Tom, welcome to GTtalk. There are a lot of Massey guys on here and quite a few of them are from Canada. Shipping really isn't too bad from the us to canada so you could keep that as an option. I don't have a spare deck but I am sure a couple of the guys do.

#3 Tom R OFFLINE  

Tom R

• 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 02, 2010 - 08:17 AM

Thx George. I know shipping isn't too bad ... just trying to save a few $$. Shipping via USPS from the US is about $28.00 + $5.00 customs processing + tax.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 02, 2010 - 08:26 AM

Thx George. I know shipping isn't too bad ... just trying to save a few $$. Shipping via USPS from the US is about $28.00 + $5.00 customs processing + tax.

Ya I guess every little bit helps. Especially when it could just be a small piece. I just shipped three shirts up that way and it was $21.75.

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 02, 2010 - 09:32 AM

:welcometogttalk:
Tom,mine were missing for my 1655 too,I made my own ,of coarse I have a machine/welding shop.I'm sure if you can't find that part,you could surely find a shop that could make them.

#6 Tom R OFFLINE  

Tom R

• 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:21 AM

Yes, that's the frustrating part! I'm retired and don't have the equipment, but if I was working could have had it made in the shop -> out of steel, stainless steel, or brass. I live very close to Toronto, most shops around here have moved to China and the remaining will charge more then I paid for the tractor to pay for their high rent! I was tied up last Monday and couldn't bid on a pair that sold on eBay for ~$4.00.

Just a bit more info:

-these decks were used on Massey Ferguson or Snapper garden tractor models 1400, 1450, 1600 and 1650.
-when branded Massey Ferguson, the mower decks had parts numbers of 4210/4215 and 4810/4815
-when branded Snapper, the mower decks had parts numbers of 8-0199 and 8-0299

I'm expanding my search ... I'll take any link I can get my hands on!

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 07:01 AM

Good luck.