jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 04:15 PM

Congrats on getting it running! Wow what a steal!

What more can be said ? :thumbs:

#32 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,326 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 04:47 PM

Nice tractor.
It's got 3 of my favorite options.It's a Bolens,it's a Hydro and it has one of my all time favorite engines under the hood.

I'm not a big fan of the rear discharge decks,espcially on a hydro.They tend to blow grass and stuff up and all over the pump and you'll always have grass hanging inside your rims and up on top of the axle.

Some tractors with rear discharge decks had a Big long shute that connected to the deck and run under the transaxle and shot the grass out the back.

#33 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1218
  • 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 05:18 PM

Nice tractor.
It's got 3 of my favorite options.It's a Bolens,it's a Hydro and it has one of my all time favorite engines under the hood.

I'm not a big fan of the rear discharge decks,espcially on a hydro.They tend to blow grass and stuff up and all over the pump and you'll always have grass hanging inside your rims and up on top of the axle.

Some tractors with rear discharge decks had a Big long shute that connected to the deck and run under the transaxle and shot the grass out the back.

When I cleaned this one it also had that dry grass on the axles, a shute would be a good idea