- - - - -

My Deluxe Super 3

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• Member No: 8535
  • 75 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 09:35 PM

Just a few pictures of my 917.57584 Deluxe Super 3. I bought this back in the early 80's. I remember getting it running, but changed jobs, and just didn't have time to mess with my tractor collection much over the next 20 years. It's been sitting back in the corner collecting dust, as you can see. I'm thinking I gave $45.00 for it, along with the plow, disc, and cultivators.

Brought it into the shop today, with grand visions of getting it up and running again, and hopefully working it, and a couple others in the garden this year.

It has the AU85 engine.

I pulled the spark plug, and sandblasted, and re-gaped it. I layed the plug on the head of the engine, and rolled the engine over with the pull rope, not expecting to really see anything. To my amazement, a good bluish-yellow spark..!!

I cleaned the oil bath breather, and got the throttle, and choke cables sprayed with lube, and got them working easy. The clutch does need adjusted, as it doesn't have that nice snap like my other one's.

The gas tank almost looks pristine inside. Whoever the PO was, did make a couple mods to it. In the second picture of the engine cowling, that is a kill switch. A wire runs up through the right handle, and there is a home made thumbswitch there. They also removed the sediment bowl, and replaced with plastic tubing, and an inline filter. I think I have a few NOS small sediment bowls that may fit this. Will have to look at the manual, and see what type of fuel line was used...

Being this has the speed changer on it, it will probably be my cultivating tractor.

I didn't realize maybe how rare this bird is. It is a 1955, but was replaced through that production run by anther model, with a better clutch, or so I read.

Anyone now anything more about this particular model..??

Attached Thumbnails

• David Bradley Deluxe Super 3 001.jpg
  • David Bradley Deluxe Super 3 005.jpg
  • David Bradley Deluxe Super 3 003.jpg

#2 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 05:19 AM

I don't know much about the engine on it but is that an "Atom" ignition module on the blower housing? If so it is probably not OEM.

Edited by golfwrench, February 11, 2012 - 05:23 AM.

• Member No: 8535
  • 75 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 12:06 PM

That's the art I spoke of on the cowling, or blower housing. Yep, knew it was added on, nothing loike that on my others. The only identifiaction on it is "JF03". I did a Google dearch using JF03 ignition, and all I got was hits on a kill switch, by that number. No exact picture of something similar.

I haven't taken the housing off yet, but will to clean it up here sometime soon.

But, I will Google Atom ignition module. Maybe that explains still having good spark..!!

#4 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 12:23 PM

You can find those on eBay all the time my Massy MF 10 has one, it's there to replace the points. I believe the points on that AU8 were under a cover on the side of the motor.