3 replies to this topic

#1 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4412
  • 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Is there an adgustment that can be made to make the tractor go faster in reverse? The only thing I found in the manual has to do with neutral. The tractor seems to run at top speed going forward, but really crawls in reverse.

#2 shinklem OFFLINE  

shinklem

• Member No: 4729
  • 3 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Just finished restoring my grandfathers h16. Had a heck of a time adjusting the linkage for the hyrostat. ended up making a new pivot block( ref #55 in the parts manual) and drilling and bushing the control arm (ref#54). Made a big differance in fine adjusting the transmission. Hope it helps. Thanks for the thoughts on my HT20 post. I will check out the heat shield situation and make sure all is well.
  • speedyg said thank you

#3 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4412
  • 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for the info shinklem, Did you determine that there was to much slop at the pivot of the controle arm? or? bushing? did you get more speed out of your mod or did it just allow you to adjust to neutral with more ease. my tranny seems to be adjusted ok, just seems to be very slow in reverse.:wallbanging:

#4 shinklem OFFLINE  

shinklem

• Member No: 4729
  • 3 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 08:00 AM

The hole in the control arm that the pivot block goes through was worn out something awful,the brass pivot block was worn almost in half. Didnt notice alot of speed differance but now i am not loosing half my pedal travel in reverse due to the slop. I am sure that someone will come along and have a solution.I need to figure out how to post pictures. Kinda new to this. Dont see many h16 pics in the gallery.I would love to see a pic of yours.