• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 robby1276 OFFLINE  

robby1276

• Member No: 8072
  • 10 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 04:17 PM

I recently bought a jd 17p pull behind cart I needed a cart at the time as my other cart was to small for my needs

My use of the cart was primarily for moving fire wood. I have wood in several places and this would allow me to use my 140 and get to the places where I can't get too easily with a truck

I also wanted something kid friendly no sharp metal edges the kids like going for rides

Assembly wasn't to bad it took about a hr and needed one person as a helper mostly to hold things in position. Everything hardware wise packaged in order they was to be installed clearly marked

This cart has a weight capacity of 1000 pounds and thus far has lived up to that rating very well I can't for certainty say I've had a 1000 pounds on it but I've defiantly had it loaded completely full with fire wood with no problems at all

The wheels have grease fittings they how ever need to be changed to fittings that are 45 deg the ones installed make it a pain to fit the grease head onto since they tucked inside the wheel a little

The dumping of the cart leaves a little to be desired. When dumping as you can see in the pic the slant on back of the cart won't allow all the material being dumped out. So your left unloading some of it yourself not a real big deal

Travel on uneven ground was no problem either i have been in some steep slopes and it handles fine

One of the best things I like about it is it is light enough to move around or even pick up even loaded I can maneuver this cart by hand if trying to get in a tight place and with out much effort

All in all I'm very pleased with its performance thus far it has done what I needed it to do and hopefully it will last for years to come I would recommend buying one if you have a need for moving things around
  • mikebramel and tinner have said thanks

#2 robby1276 OFFLINE  

robby1276

• Member No: 8072
  • 10 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 04:18 PM

Crap forgot to add the pic on original post

Attached Thumbnails

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328822324.594752.jpg

#3 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 04:54 PM

Nice looking cart, glad it works well for you. Thanks for the good write up.

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,502 Thanks
  • 39,730 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 05:25 PM

Nice cart and write up. That should give others looking to buy a good perspective of all points about it. Thanks.