• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 royalcultband OFFLINE  

royalcultband

• Member No: 8563
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hey everyone, I am restoring a cub cadet 80 with my Dad and I was wondering what its worth. I have had a hard time finding info on these so if anyone has any that would be great. Are they rare and worth restoring?

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 07:40 PM

:wave: royalcultband Welcome to GTTalk! We're glad to have you with us! I can't help with the value of your Cub, but I can tell you that the experience that you have spending time with your Dad will one day be priceless beyond compare! Many of the tractors on this forum do not in their rarity or their "fair market value" deserve the treatment that they will get in a restoration, but we do it because we enjoy it and like to preserve a bit of history for the generations to come. Having said all of that, I believe that the 80 is one of the older models and should bear a decent price if restored well. Thanks for signing up and we hope that you enjoy the forum!

#3 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 07:48 PM

:wave: Hello and welcome to GTtalk. Glad you found this place!

The model 80 cub was only made for 3 years, '76 to '79. It was considered a lawn tractor, but it is a workhorse. It can work a snow blade or a snow blower, and of course run a mowing deck. You guys should have a blast getting this one restored. By the way, have ya got any pictures you could load? We live for pictures! Thanks for joining the fray! Happy tractoring!

#4 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 08:42 PM

It should be a Cadet 80 and not a Cub Cadet 80.

#5 royalcultband OFFLINE  

royalcultband

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 09:10 PM

Thanks everyone! My Dad and I just rebuilt an El Camino and I help him out with his Brockway trucks every once in a while so this is just a small side project. i'll get some pictures up on flickr soon. All I have right now are a bunch of my El Camino. I'll make sure I post them soon

#6 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 12:13 AM

Thanks everyone! My Dad and I just rebuilt an El Camino and I help him out with his Brockway trucks every once in a while so this is just a small side project. i'll get some pictures up on flickr soon. All I have right now are a bunch of my El Camino. I'll make sure I post them soon

Where are you guys from? Brockways were built in the town that I live in. We have an awesome Brockway show every summer here in Cortland N.Y.

#7 royalcultband OFFLINE  

royalcultband

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 07:34 AM

We are from MA. Every summer we go to that show in Cortland. Its such a cool show. My dad has been trying to get a truck in that show for quite some time. He's been working on an H360tl for about 10 years now and hopefully it will be at the show this year

#8 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 12:05 PM

We are from MA. Every summer we go to that show in Cortland. Its such a cool show. My dad has been trying to get a truck in that show for quite some time. He's been working on an H360tl for about 10 years now and hopefully it will be at the show this year

Sweet we will have to hook up at the next show. Here is one of my favorite Brocs at the show. I grew up about a half a block away from the Brockways came off of the assembly line. Nice memories watching the new Brocs make their debut into the world.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_4902.jpg

#9 royalcultband OFFLINE  

royalcultband

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 06:54 PM

I havn's seen that truck in person yet but I've seen pictures my dad took. That one is awesome!

#10 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 12:03 AM

Have you seen any of the purple Grimm Brothers trucks. You will have to look me up at the show.